Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473181 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

I’m not sure it can run with Java 10. Could you uninstall Java 10 and try with Java 8?

Yes, I uninstalled Java 10 and tried Java 8. It works but the photo rendering option is now broken. I'll stick to 5.7 for now.
[Aug 14, 2018, 1:03:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Today, the Beta 5 brings the following features:
- A new indicator displayed in the middle of the selected wall to easily change its arc extent without the need to guess the right angle.

This should make it easier to create walls with smooth transitions, for example to create garden areas or round swimming pools.

- The ability to enter texts on multiple lines with options to align them.

When text alignment is set to Left, the rotation center will be at bottom left of the selected text, and when text alignment is set to Right, the rotation center will be at its bottom right.

- New Plan > Flip horizontally and Plan > Flip vertically menu items to flip the selected items around a vertical or horizontal axis. I hope you'll agree with the logic programmed to compute the symmetry of texts and furniture/room labels.

As announced previously, I also forced the encoding of exported CSV files to UTF-8 on all systems.
Finally, I tried to optimize how 3D walls are updated when doors and windows are changed, and slowdowns should be less present in case of a complex home with many walls and doors and windows.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 2, 2018, 5:50:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks for great, new features. Multiple line text will be very useful.

So far there have been no problems with the beta versions, but then, you really have added lots of stuff to consider smile All nice. Head still spinning with all the new .obj group names. Will take some time to digest and test.

ok
[Sep 5, 2018, 4:30:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight, the Beta 6 fixes two old problems reported by Ceciliabr and Okh:
- it fixes how objects very close and very far are displayed in Sweet Home 3D.
- it also fixes how sky texture are displayed in the 3D view, in such a way it now shows the same image in SunFlow rendering engine, as (logically) requested here. Compared to previous versions, this fix will display sky textures a little differently in the 3D view, and I hope you won't mind this change.

Okh and ndorigatti, I hope you'll be able to test .obj modifications to handle openings. Don't hesitate to request some help.
[Sep 5, 2018, 9:32:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

I have tested it.

I have tested it.
5.7 sky box algorithm is wrong.
6.0B6's sky box algorithm is correct.
But 5.7 can support 16K sky box Texture.(17430X4322 pixel)
6.0B6 can only support 8K sky box Texture.
8K's sky box is not clear enough.Need to support 16K

https://overpic.net/viewer.php?file=x2c6aem43yv1zifyu2p.png

5.7 sky box algorithm is wrong.

https://overpic.net/viewer.php?file=xy4ad7ef4exdygqzm85wn.png

6.0B6's sky box algorithm is correct.

https://overpic.net/viewer.php?file=xee7jyye2ba21y635.png

6.0B6 Do not support 16K sky box Texture.

https://overpic.net/viewer.php?file=xytp4ekdkit6kyenk4pd.png

Partial panorama
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Sep 6, 2018, 9:00:56 PM]
[Sep 6, 2018, 7:17:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Scan panorama Like this
[img]https://img.overpic.net/thumbs/8/s/i/x8sind7gr8pvf7edzshq9_s.png[/img]
This picture is 220 degrees.
Set the arc wall to 220 degrees.
Set the texture to the appropriate size

----------------------
However,in Sweet Home 3D. the radian of the wall should not exceed 270 degrees. I hope the author can change to 360 degrees.
[Sep 6, 2018, 8:06:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your tests.
I wouldn't worry about the large image you couldn't render. It's probably because you launched SweetHome3D.6.0.beta.jnlp with javaws.exe 32 bit. If you run it with javaws.exe 64 bit, it won't fail.
[Sep 6, 2018, 9:07:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Today, the Beta 7 brings various features requested by users:
- Resizing the selected piece of furniture can be forced along only its width or depth when Ctrl shortcut (alt under macOS) is pressed
- The list of video formats were updated with 2.40:1 ratio formats, and HD resolutions
- The column widths are now saved and restored at home opening
- I added the menu items Plan > Make level the only viewable one and Plan > Make all levels viewable
- As soon as a home has some levels, all menu items related to levels are now available in a separated contextual menu displayed on level tabs.

- I added the X offset and Y offset spinners to the texture modification dialog box. These attributes let you set how the selected texture should be shifted along its width and height. The values are expressed in percentage of the width or the height of the texture.

When this dialog box is displayed to choose the sky texture, only the X offset spinner is displayed to let you shift the sky image.

Hope you'll like these new features and how I programmed them. Don't hesitate to request some adjustments if needed. I'll study them closely...
[Sep 10, 2018, 7:40:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..dialog box is displayed to choose the sky texture, only the X offset spinner is displayed to let you shift the sky image...
That makes today's wisth redundant smile and I suppose request 879 too. This really is a great improvement. As are many of the other new features, but now development is faster than it is possible to test...

But the sky offset really works beautifully. Better than I hoped for this morning.

Thanks and congratulations. And no glitches in my somewhat random testing.

ok
[Sep 10, 2018, 9:36:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Great you like it smile
I know that you proposed an angle for the sky texture offset, but using a percentage seems more versatile in other cases, and isn’t too difficult to convert from degrees : 180° = 50%, 90° = 25%, 45° = 12.5%,...
[Sep 10, 2018, 11:16:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved