Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5861 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
fhoofman

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
White spots

i've tried using db4tech's floor on my project, and the white spots always appear

I'm using silk render and silk floors
can someone help me? or is there any update that I should know?

[Oct 3, 2010, 12:19:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: White spots

Yudi,

Can you share the original file with us?

hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 3, 2010, 12:31:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fhoofman

Hans please download this link
http://www.4shared.com/file/1EWJ_bpA/7_online.html
[Oct 3, 2010, 2:43:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Yudi,

1 - If you provide a file so others can investigate what's going on, it would be nice if your file is in the exact state in which you made your problematic render. Don't make people spend a lot of time to try and find out how you made your picture....

2 - You have a strange way of building models. Your floors are made of boxes that are 10 cm high, but furniture is invisible because it doesn't have a 10 cm elevation, there's no ceiling, walls are transparent, etc.

3 - There have been many posts in the forum dealing with light, sky and rendering. If I apply a texture to the sky (any texture!) the problem is solved.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 3, 2010, 8:38:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Hi fhoofman,

I also had a look at your file, sorry it's taken me a few days, not been well.

Hans,
The 10cm think floor is partly my fault, it was originally designed as a test for a first floor gallery model I was building at the time while doing the Uber and Phong shader tests. I later used the settings learned from the tests, to make a new first floor model of around 40cm. smile

Here is an updated image for comparison.

Are you building the model to help you learn, or is it for commercial reasons?
I ask because I didn't know if you wanted me to upload the version used for this render, or if you would prefer a step by step guide of changes made. smile

db4tech
[Oct 6, 2010, 9:08:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved