[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 177 times and has 9 replies
AvinashC

India
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Plugin development issue

Hi all, I am new here and I am looking for a little support on how I can use an existing plugin and make changes to it. I have downloaded the source code of the sweethome3d and i am running the code in eclipse.
I have followed the steps given in the developers guide.
I have the jar file of the plugin code and i added it to the directory however on running the code there is no tools menu or the given name to the feature.
I am currently using MacOs 14.4.1

Am i missing something in the steps please let me know
[May 3, 2024, 5:09:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Plugin development issue

If the plug-in is stored in the right folder and classpath is correct, you must have something in the console which will give you some hints.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 3, 2024, 5:58:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AvinashC

India

The plugin was in a jar file and it got saved automatically in a destination in com.eteks.test and it has the ApplicationPlugin.properties file as well.
Is there any step i am missing here.
[May 3, 2024, 6:58:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hum… and what about the content of the console?
[May 3, 2024, 8:04:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AvinashC

India

WARNING: References to Carbon menus are disallowed with AppKit menu system on macOS 14 and newer. Use instances of NSMenu and NSMenuItem directly instead. See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/mac...-notes-for-macos-14#Menus

Apart from this warning there is nothing else on the console.
[May 3, 2024, 8:33:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Therefore it means that you didn’t place the plug-in in the right folder. Where did you store it?
[May 3, 2024, 9:21:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AvinashC

India

its stored in the SweetHome 3d > ReferencedLibraries > TotalSurface.Jar > com.eteks.tes > TotalSurface.class
and the ApplicationPlugin is stored in TotalSurface.jar > META-INF folder
[May 3, 2024, 10:09:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AvinashC

India

Not able move them either
[May 3, 2024, 10:10:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It may be not the good folder. See the section Creating the plug-in JAR in Plug-in developer’s guide.
[May 3, 2024, 10:31:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

By the way, Referenced libraries section in Eclipse just lists the libraries that you use in your project, not the real folder where is stored a file!
[May 3, 2024, 10:35:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved