Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11146 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
AlexQ

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Texture turned out different from Texture applied to cabinet.

Hi Hansmex,

Sorry to bother you. I did went through the "User Guide" as well as using the "Help function" but couldn't locate the "texture catalog".

Similarly, I also couldn't locate the "plug-ins folder".

When I search for plug-ins folder, here is the answer from SH3D:

"To uninstall a plug-in, remove its SH3P file from the plug-ins folder of Sweet Home 3D, and restart the application. This folder is shown when you click on any SH3P file listed in the Plug-ins section of the Libraries in use pane.The latter pane is displayed by clicking the Libraries....button shown at the bottom of Sweet Home 3D About dialog box. "

I don't see "....any SH3P file listed in the Plug-ins section of the Libraries in use pane." So, how can I uninstall a plug-in then?

Similarly, I am unable to locate the "texture catalog"

That why I'm seeking help here. Thank you
[Aug 26, 2021, 3:42:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexQ

Hi Hansmex,

Please ignore my earlier message. I had chanced upon it just now.

Still would appreciate if you can help on the question posted to Mr Puybaret as to why a seamless texture applied to a cabinet comes out with distorted images on the left and right sides, whilst the color and stripes on the front side isn't quite the same in the intensity of colors, etc.

I read in the past, the texture can be applied over the whole piece of furniture. Now, however as you had advised it must be applied piece by piece.

If the front piece is say, width 600 mm x height 800 mm, how should I cut the wood texture which comes in 2048 x 2048 pixels to get an EXACT match. Aim is to get the exact color and texture represented for the front piece at least. Thank you
[Aug 26, 2021, 4:14:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Please, send me your file again, and add some clues as what you want.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 26, 2021, 7:51:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexQ

Hi Hansmex,

I think I roughly understand how to re-size the texture image to fit the door of a cabinet as I discovered that the pixels can be converted to mm. So, I will continue to experiment.

Please help me to take a look at my attached model. It's created to highlight my problem.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9o6cyzr9a1wfart/KitchenDesign101.sh3d/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9o6cyzr9a1wfart/KitchenDesign101.sh3d/file

Hope you can see my model as I'm still not conversant with it here.

I have chosen color - white (RALL code code: 9010) for all the inner walls of the room. Please note why is the color of 3 walls greyish? whilst only one wall is appearing as white color?

I must have done something incorrectly. But sorry, I couldn't figure out.

Also, I'm not sure if this type of problem will distort wood texture colors.

Appreciate your help on this latest issue. Thank you and have a good weekend.

Alex.
[Aug 28, 2021, 4:04:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Set time at midnight
Insert a halogen light at 50 cms elevation and a diameter of 100 cms at light strength 30-35%
Make a photo at quality level 3 or 4

All walls have the same colour.

SH3D takes into account daylight or artificial when rendering. This means that walls have slightly different colours, that's normal.

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Aug 28, 2021, 4:52:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexQ

Hi Hansmex,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I had not been into rendering at all. I thought when we create a model in 3D (minus rendering with lights to change its appearance to the eye), the model should represent the selected colors faithfully.

As far as I know, I've not added any light to the model. How then would SH3D knows whether it is "daylight" or "artificial" light being used? Is there a "default" lighting?

Prior, I saw a simple video tutorial on SH3D teaching how to build walls and applying colors to the wall. It didn't touch on rendering, yet the colors of the walls turn out all white when the author draws it. Thus, I couldn't believe why my walls came out different as they did.

If I go ahead and applied the "rendering" specifications as you advised, what will happen next? when I add in other pieces of furnitures with different colors and textures...would I have to keep on re-tuning the rendering parameters trying to match the colors of various pieces of furniture ....which will be almost impossible as there will be no "one size fits all"

May I request you kindly put the changes you had done to my model and place it into mediafire so I can access it? This will help me greatly to look into rendering. Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
[Aug 29, 2021, 9:32:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I gave you three simple steps to execute (in the empty room you sent me). Is it too much asked to repeat those??

These endless questions on the same topic start to suggest you are averse of trying things out to find solutions for yourself. How do you think I learnt what I know these last 12 years?

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Aug 29, 2021, 9:48:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexQ

Hi Hansmex.

THANK YOU.
[Aug 29, 2021, 4:21:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved