Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 103
Posts: 103   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28082 times and has 102 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: YafaRay rendering plug-in

I decided to go that way because some settings didn't render correctly in SunFlow in virtual visit, and at the moment, YafaRay rendering plug-in reproduces the same settings.
But I plan to change these settings in a coming version in both rendering engines, if I can fix the issue in SunFlow.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 14, 2020, 1:47:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the version 1.2 of the YafaRay rendering plug-in which fixes the projection of the fisheye lens to make it similar to SunFlow's one and improves the launch delay of the renderer, mostly for scenes with large texture images. As this version creates much less temporary files, users with a slow hard disk should also see a faster launch.

It's based on the version 3.4.4 of YafaRay that David Bluecame kindly released to add more projection parameters fo fisheye lens.
I forked this version to avoid storing texture images in temporary files and to speed up the rendering of multiple frames in videos, an improvement that Enkonyito will hopefully integrate in his plug-in.

Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 18, 2020, 5:47:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Emmanuel, do you plan to implement caustic photons for direct lighting in a future version?
@enkonyito
If it's not complicated, I'll add the missing methods in JNI if needed. Any information that will help me to program it faster will be appreciated.

I don't know which missing methods could be added in JNI because the caustic photons are enabled by default as for the sunsky background.

Here is a comparative test between SunFlow and YafaRay.

Attachment caustic photons test.sh3d (79998 bytes) (Download count: 4)

[May 31, 2020, 1:31:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 103   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2020 eTeks - All rights reserved