Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208784 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Keep writing!
[Sep 26, 2018, 9:59:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

After having corrected a small texture problem, the story can go on...

Pong City - 1987

No one noticed that Mr Pong's small business was growing fast, and no one noticed that his safe had to be replaced – and replaced
– and then replaced again.
In his office Mr. Pong counted his money.

In the small community, Mr. Pong was looked upon as a harmless and nearly invisible man, and no one had any knowledge of his inner life –
his leanings towards astrology or his fascination for pseudo-scientific theories.
His social life was limited to a daily lunch at the Café Social, where he habitually and invariably ordered the same menu every day:
A shrimp sandwich with mayonnaise,
a cup of lapsang souchong,
a small mug of hot milk
and a bottle of still water
– in that order.
Up to the moment when he erected the Madonna billboard, he had been leading a completely anonymous life.
But now things were changing.
He noticed how people had started to look at him, secretly of course, and how the waiters no longer seemed to ignore him as
long as possible before taking his order – they had even begun asking him if he wanted the usual.
But aside from the waiters, no one actually tried to make contact, not until the day when he was surprisingly confronted with
an unexpected, but quite timely, question:

– When is she coming?
– Eh.. I beg your pardon?
– You are the man who invited Madonna, aren’t you? So when is she coming?
– Yes. Well...er... I really don't kn...
– So you don’t know. Fair enough. By the way, my name is Klara Haltenbanken, do you mind if I sit down?

Klara Haltenbanken was an impatient, fast speaking, pocket sized, miniature lady.
She was the most amazing woman he had ever laid eyes on.

After consulting his horoscope later the same day, Mr. Pong decided that he had reached a turning point in his life.
It was time for him to multiply.
But first it was time for Pong Industries to expand.
Why import and export the goods when he could be making his own?

The Pong Factory some snapshots:

Within ten years, the five thousand pounds he had managed to get for the wine, had grown to nearly ten million, but then the new factory
had totally exceeded his budget. How much would Madonna’s fee set him back? He had no idea, since his letter had still not been answered.
Maybe he would get some of his money back from selling tickets – he could start selling them in advance – but what if she declined his
invitation and he was forced to cancel?

It was Klara who came up with the idea: Why not build a church and form a new religion? There was no church on the island, and religion is
after all one of the most profitable industries in the world!
His conscience was challenged.
He consulted his horoscope:

* Take pride in your actions and do things with confidence.
Don't dredge up the past. It's time to move forward.

It certainly was.

The Church of The New Madonna.

The foundation stone was laid on April fourth (his birthday). It was a small metal box containing a copy of his letter to Madonna,
a copy of his first interview with the Nakatago New Herald
and a cassette tape of the album True Blue.

Mr. Pong envisioned himself in his new headquarters, standing at the window looking down on his creation.

In a clairvoyant twinkle, his mind could see a new city – Pong City – named after himself.
Enthroned at the top of Church Hill; his church – his cathedral – the new landmark of Nakatago.
He was going to make money – a lot of it!

In 1988 their first child was born secretly at Pocket Lair.
They named her Hope – Hope Alexa Haltenbanken Pong – or just "Hap" among friends.
On the positive side, Hap showed no sign of having inherited her mother's genetic disorder,

but there were other sides...

In his office
Mr. Pong was counting his money.

Cec
[Oct 20, 2018, 5:59:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Bravo, Cecilia, I love the Pongnor Factory, the way you have been able to soil the walls... I am looking forward to read more about Hap "genetic disorders"...
[Oct 23, 2018, 8:46:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

Wow! How do we reach Pong City from Hobbiton? shock Cec, I think this Pong story is way good and deserves its own thread, don't you think so?

By the way, congrats for these beautiful and detailed renderings.
----------------------------------------
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Oct 23, 2018, 11:05:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

... deserves its own thread, don't you think so?

In my opinion it deserves a own book!
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Oct 23, 2018, 1:05:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

I love the Pongnor Factory, the way you have been able to soil the walls...

Thank you, VeroniQ!
I'm planning to write some words about texturing in the finishing chapter of this thread.

With this new version (v6) SH3D has reached a new level. It's now easier than ever to preview and compose the snapshots.

Cec
[Oct 23, 2018, 6:43:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Wow! How do we reach Pong City from Hobbiton?

By subway – Line 2.
Remember to get of at the Central Station.

If you should fail to get off, you will continue to Pong Island.

[...] deserves its own thread, don't you think so?

But... this IS the thread smile

Cec
[Oct 24, 2018, 2:02:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

In my opinion it deserves a own book!

Thank you!
In fact that's what it will be. The images in this thread are some of the illustrations that will be part of my attempt to make an educational book for my daughter when she grows up.
It's all part of the same story.

Cec
[Oct 26, 2018, 2:54:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..educational book for my daughter...
Listen, that is unfair. You give us the teasers - and the book is only for her? Could you please put me on the list of children in possible need of education. ok
[Oct 26, 2018, 5:03:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Could you please put me on the list of children in possible need of education

smile

Plukker i Skoven du ukendte Svampe,
saa lad først Lillebror smage derpaa.
Dersom han dør under Skrigen og Krampe,
saa bør du selv lade Svampene staa.

Have a nice weekend.

Cec
[Oct 27, 2018, 9:25:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved