Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2682 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Thomas_H

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Length of a wall in the middle of a wall?

Hello,

probably this is a noob question but I can't figure it out.

In my case I try to create a room and then add the walls.

The room has the length 276cm x 307,5 cm.

But when I try to extend the walls the room shrinks. sad

I see that the walls extends in both directions but I don't see an option to change this.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

[Oct 16, 2016, 9:12:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Length of a wall in the middle of a wall?

Assuming I understand... Walls are always determined from their middle point, so if you thicken a wall, it will grow in both directions.

• You can set Preferences - New wall thickness before you double-click with the room tool to create walls. But that does not work if you want a room with different thickness walls.
  • What is easier, may be to adjust both thickness and position of each wall afterwards to fit the room. (In your ase, the left wall X values should be some -10 cm compared to the original value.)

[Oct 17, 2016, 8:05:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thomas_H

Germany

Hi okh,

thank you for your explanation.
I just thought I'm missing something.

I can't understand this behavior.
Nobody measures the distance inside a wall.
[Oct 17, 2016, 12:42:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Nobody measures the distance inside a wall.
That may be true. But a wall can be measured on the outside or on the inside and therefore have different lengths depending on different wall thicknesses. And which direction should an inner wall grow if thickness is increased? Cannot find the thread off-hand, but in the forum somewhere there is a discussion about this where Puybaret explains why. ok
[Oct 17, 2016, 1:29:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thomas_H

Germany

I don't know if this is a seldom problem.

I have the papers from my architect with exact measures from both sides inside and outside.

That's why this measuring issue in the middle doesn't make sense to me. ;-)
[Oct 17, 2016, 2:35:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved