Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10836 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
victonymaz

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sloping Terrain....again

I have basically completed my house design. I have levels zero, one and two. Now that I've made it this far can I place a sloping triangle under the house with the level plane on the top and the sloping plane on the bottom? If so how do I do it.

Thanks in advance.
[Aug 3, 2015, 10:58:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Sloping Terrain....again

Yes, you can place a geometric shapes under your construction. Adjust the level elevations if need be. If your 0 level is below terrain, you may need to place the shapes around your construction (see SF 3D models 299 for a couple of examples). If not, the shapes will fill the basement too.

In the latest version of SH3D (5.0) you can also do more with levels (same elevation, show hide), which (in addition to grouping the geometric elements) can be useful when working with terrain.

ok
[Aug 4, 2015, 11:27:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
victonymaz

Thanks for the assistance. I was able to open a new plan and create the following model after a bit of trial and error. I believe I have a somewhat loose grasp of the concept.

Now here is my big problem. I have gotten this far on the actual model of my home. What I want to accomplish is to lift the entire plan 13 feet above the ground and then place my triangles and other terrain objects around the elevated house. I have no idea how to do this and I am completely at a loss as to whether it can even be done.

[Aug 4, 2015, 7:59:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
victonymaz

This is the rear of the house and is the view that is 13 feet above the slope of the hill.

[Aug 4, 2015, 8:32:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

What I want to accomplish is to lift the entire plan 13 feet above the ground and then place my triangles and other terrain objects around the elevated house.
Nice design smile Maybe I miss something, but it looks to me as if you can go in and add your 13 feet to the elevation in all level tabs. Insert a new level 0, on which you insert a triangle for the slope (and box for the flat terrain 13'). If there is a basement, the geo-shapes should go around the foundation. ok
[Aug 5, 2015, 8:46:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
victonymaz

Thanks for the compliment. Still a work in progress. I would like to thank you for the assistance. Always amazes me how simple a solution can be. What a wonderful program and forum!

[Aug 10, 2015, 5:54:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved