Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3673 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
kmgoeken

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Two-Tone Walls

Is it possible to create two-tone wall colors? I like the rooms that have one color on top and one on bottom, but the only way I can do it right now is to create a second wall the size of the bottom color.
[Oct 31, 2014, 6:03:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Two-Tone Walls

That is one way of doing it, but not practical when you want to move the walls. A better solution is to use a texture with two colours.

Create a graphic file with any graphics editor. A small image will do (8 pixels wide x 128 pixels high) as long as the proportions between the upper and lower parts of the wall are correct. When importing the graphic file, set the texture height equal to the wall height.

Of course, if you feel comfortable with editing graphics, this example can be elaborated to create a tiled lower part, wall-papered upper part, etc. etc. For plain colours (and simple patterns), you probably want to use .png file format.

ok

PS - if you do not feel comfortable using a graphics editor, send me an e-mail with the colours (you can use the SH3D reference, e.g. #F0F0F0, wall height and height of lower part of wall), and I can make the texture if you like.

PPS using a texture with a slight gradient, darker at the top of the wall (blend tool in the GIMP), will produce a more life-like light / shadow impression as walls usually appear darker near the ceiling.
[Oct 31, 2014, 9:58:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved