Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15930 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
House designed with Sweet Home 3D (Andreas Schneider on FB)

Visitors to the French forum (4404) may have noticed the link to the Facebook page and post from Andreas Schneider on his house project.

Congratulations on a very impressive project. I love integration of outdoor spaces and view - and the clean expression of the construction. If you can, please share your experiences of the process and working with the builder (it seems you used a pro).

ok
[Oct 22, 2014, 11:13:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SnakeGB

Re: House designed with Sweet Home 3D (Andreas Schneider on FB)

very impressive am also hoping to build my sweet home design
[Oct 22, 2014, 1:12:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Akalvin

Thanks OKH for linking me...

My video can be found in higher resolution on youtube as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i150WAzlPdY

Let me describe briefly what i did:

I had some ideas how our new home that we wanted to build in the near future should look like.
So I searched the web for a tool to visualize my ideas and I stumbled over Sweet Home 3D.
I started to work with Sweet Home 3D and soon realized that I was able to create a full scale two stories doll's house of what I had in mind.

Next I realized that 3D models of most of our furniture can be found on the web on various sites and I learned how to import them and how to put them into the right size.

After that was done, I decided to bypass an architect and find a constructor instead, asking: "can you build it like this".

The results are shown in the video.

What still impresses me, is how close the renderings are to reality, just great!

I hope I can encourage everyone in using SH3D.
All the credit goes to Emmanuel for programming such a fine tool.

What I really missed: the ability to print and measure out wall plans in 2D (not only floor plans). That would be a helpful future feature.
[Oct 24, 2014, 4:45:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks for sharing this. Proves what you can do with SH3D (and a professional constructor/builder). Provided, of course, you know what you want and have a feel for the elements, light, functionality, proportions etc. Credit to both of you: good design and good software smile And very inspiring even for us with more modest projects.

ok

PS I agree that wall plans (façade drawing without the 3D perspective distortion) would indeed be very helpful. For a draft building permit application, I selected and exported the wall as .obj, imported/rotated, added dimensions to the horizontal façade, exported SVG and used Inkskape to edit. Not the ideal solution maybe but it worked and looked good for my relatively simple façade. And I suppose programming a façade generator is not trivial job (and presumes some standardised approach to roofs).
[Oct 25, 2014, 3:49:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Akalvin

My workaround for 2d walls was different:

I created a low res 3d view of a wall using "virtual visit" with the eyes of the virtual visitor in the exact middle (height and width) of the wall to prevent distortions.

This picture was saved and imported to a 2d paint program, e.g. Paintbrush where it was measured out manually.

It worked, but I guess say all the information to do it automatically is already in SH3D, a feature that would have saved a vast amount of time.

Wall plans were needed in my project to show correct positioning of electrical installation.

A picture can be seen here

Regards, Andreas
[Oct 25, 2014, 5:46:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gregh

Wow, very nice andrea!
How did you manage to do the integrated fire place and integrated bookshelf?
Would you share your file? (just this room)
I'm also working on the plan for my house
Many thanks
[Nov 9, 2014, 9:39:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Akalvin

The fireplace and the bookshelf are made from several boxes of different size with different textures, that does the trick.

Here is a link to the file

To see the components of the objects - ungroup them.

Most of the furniture could be found in Google 3D warehouse.

Regards, Andreas
[Nov 10, 2014, 8:35:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gregh

thanks!
[Nov 10, 2014, 9:33:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gregh

Hi Andreas, one more question on your project: where did you find the ceiling lights? Many thanks,
[Nov 16, 2014, 9:31:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Akalvin

it's just SweetHome's light bulb positioned in the ceiling. No other model required.
[Nov 16, 2014, 7:54:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved