Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 112
Posts: 112   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 102859 times and has 111 replies Next Thread
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Pan tool in 3D and 2D view?

I've read something about the copyright problems for the various stores (Apple, Microsoft). Anyway, I would be available to ceed the copyright to Emmanuel for the required portions of code.

If by "professional" you mean a regularly employed person in Java development, then no, I'm not. However programming for me has been and is still a kind of tool for many purposes. Just to give you an example, few years ago, a friend of mine brought me at the shooting range, and I got the idea to program a "virtual spotter" (for those who don't know, the spotter is the member of the sniper team who helps the sniper to observe the target), so I've put in a bag some java, opengl, math and an android phone, shaked well, and finally I got out an app which uses the phone camera to automatically detect the target and is able to "see" the holes made while shooting, and tells to the user (yes, it speaks) where the hole is in respect to the center of the target (which direction, how far).
This is just one out of thousands. Is this enough to make a professional? I don't know. But either way, many thanks smile
[Dec 23, 2022, 5:59:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

For those who are interested in these enhancements, you can upvote these 2 tickets on SourceForge:
Ticket #1142 Object3DBranchFactory enhancements - To let Wirings and 3D dimension lines to work even in the photo creation tool.
Ticket #1143 Customizable bottom background color - To have a full white background in parallel projection mode.
[Dec 23, 2022, 6:26:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

If that worked, then you are pro enough for me!

I'm not a java coder, but I've worked with them for a long time. I'm more systems level. Installation, configuration, maintenance, support, problem analysis. I regularly have to read through java code to figure out what the pro coder did wrong that caused the 3 screen stack trace. wink

When I need to do something clever myself I will pull out the trusty Python (I just realised how rude that sounds cool) and knock together scripts of varying complexity. Quick and dirty for the one-offs, more time, effort and rigour if it will continue to be used in some automated fashion.

I'll take enthusiam, talent and results over a fancy certificate any day of the week.
[Dec 23, 2022, 6:39:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I think I found a bug in 3.7.2.
I often open more than one plan to copy specific furniture settings. After installing 3.7.2 that no longer workes. I can open a second plan but it doesn't show the window. After closing the initial plan the process for the second plan is still running in the background without a window showing. I have to kill that process before I can start Sweethome3D again. Regressing to 3.6 solves that problem.
[Dec 24, 2022, 12:05:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Sadly i have exactly the same issue, sh3d reports the project open but windows shows no sign of it at all.
[Dec 24, 2022, 1:52:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

I also get no new window trying to open a second plan. For me, exiting the original window terminates SH3D completely, and I can then open a new instance without having to kill an existing process. This behaviour is in Windows 10.

I captured some stack trace from the logging plugin:
DimensionLineEx3DFactory added successfully
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" javax.media.j3d.CapabilityNotSetException: LineAttributes: no capability to set line width
at javax.media.j3d.LineAttributes.setLineWidth(LineAttributes.java:239)
at it.ld.sh3dplugins.pan3dview.View3DEnhancerImpl$14.<init>(View3DEnhancerImpl.java:156)
at it.ld.sh3dplugins.pan3dview.View3DEnhancerImpl.<init>(View3DEnhancerImpl.java:154)
at it.ld.sh3dplugins.pan3dview.Pan3dViewImpl.init(Pan3dViewImpl.java:134)
at it.ld.sh3d.devtoolkit.DynamicPluginLoader.init(DynamicPluginLoader.java:218)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.plugin.PluginManager.getPlugins(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.plugin.HomePluginController.getPlugins(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.HomePane.<init>(Unknown Source)

Maybe that helps?
[Dec 24, 2022, 2:24:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Version 3.7.3
- Fixed a bug introduced in the previous version that prevented the opening of 2 instances at the same time.

Thank you all for reporting. Have a happy Christmas!
[Dec 24, 2022, 9:09:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Daniels118, very nice tool, thank you!

My humble wishes:
- it would cose to find all the control keys for the plugin in one space, for example in Pan 3D view settings/about

- as for my needs in the context of 3d implementation, I need some way to put horizontal and vertical dimensions visible in 3D, to screenshot the task for electricians, tilers, to graphically specify openings (size and placing) for projecters, etc.

Like here (now to do this I am to export the frame to Sketchup)

[Dec 26, 2022, 7:02:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

@Gildaniel
I'm thinking of a entry in the help menu. About the projection mode, I think it could be useful to have an on/off button on the toolbar too.
They will come in the next release.

About vertical dimension lines, this is already possible as you may have seen in my last post on the Roof plugin thread. I have to find the time to make a video tutorial. For the moment, you may follow these steps:
  • Install Pan3D view and 3D dimension lines plugins.
  • Set the camera to aerial view.
  • Download the tracing paper model, and import it in the plan.
  • you will trace the dimension lines on this sheet, so you have to put it in front of what you want to measure. You may enlarge or shrink it if required.
  • select the sheet, press TAB to focus the 3D view, then press CTRL+J and CTRL+K to align the camera to the sheet.
  • Use CTRL+mouse wheel to zoom, and middle mouse button to pan the 3D view. If you accidentally rotate the camera, just repeat the previous step to get the camera aligned again.
  • use the 3D dimension lines plugin to draw vertical lines on the sheet (you can learn how to use it from the help menu).
For the moment 3D dimension lines are only visible in the 3D view, not using the photo creation tool, so the only way to export them as a picture is to grab a screenshot of the 3D view. If you wish to overcome this limitation, please upvote the ticket #1142.
[Dec 26, 2022, 10:52:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

@Daniels118,

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to put the dimension lines according to the instructions in the help.
Sometimes nothing happens when clicking on an object, sometimes it shows 0.00

I think, video tutorial is good idea for this whole mechanism to demonstrate

[Dec 27, 2022, 1:10:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 112   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved