Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7740 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
clanmills

England
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
smile ToWebPlugin Project

I am planning to develop a plugin to create a web gallery from an SH3D model. The purpose is to enable designers to share their work with stakeholders. Currently, SH3D can create images and videos. This plugin will create a web gallery.

You can see the result that I anticipate here: http://clanmills.com/2014/SG20152/

To make this demo, I used "3D View/Create photos at points of view" to create a directory of images. I then used my python script to format that into HTML/CSS/JS.

I propose to rewrite the python script in Java and the plugin will generate images and web code in a single operation. A dialog box will be provided to customize features of the plugin. Different web "themes" will be supported. The plugin will be able to generate 3D and Level plans from the SH3D model.

I don't want to make this development overly complex as my primary goal is learn and explore the capability of SH3D. I am currently relocating from Silicon Valley to retirement in England, so the development will proceed as time permits. I don't plan to write a detailed spec at this time, however I will update this thread as the project proceeds.

The project code is being stored at: https://code.google.com/p/cocoatutorials/source/browse/#svn%2FToWebPlugin and can be downloaded by anyone. If anybody wishes to cooperate in this development, please contact me to obtain write access to the repository.

I'd like to congratulate Emmanuel on his outstanding work to create SH3D and to thank him for his courtesy and encouragement to undertake this project. Well done, Emmanuel. You've done great work.
[May 27, 2014, 3:51:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: ToWebPlugin Project

Thanks for launching the development of this plug-in. I'm sure it will be helpful for users not aware with web programming.
May I suggest that you add the ability to include a Sweet Home 3D viewer in the generated page? I'm sure that okh will be able to give many ideas about this (see this subject and this request).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 28, 2014, 7:19:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Interesting. I will be looking forward forward to seeing how your project develops. Best of luck with remodelling and plugin.

ok
[May 29, 2014, 11:35:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clanmills

England
smile Re: ToWebPlugin Project

Thanks guys. Development is moving forward quickly. Might have something useful next week. I'm using StringTemplate to generate the web pages. And the user can add templates to modify/add themes. So it will be a plugin with plugins!

I haven't looked at the SH3D plugin yet, however including support for that sounds like a good idea.

Plan is to leave Silicon Valley for England on June 19. ToWebPlugin should be in good shape by then.
[May 29, 2014, 7:21:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clanmills

England

I am very pleased to announce that the first alpha version of this plugin is now available for anybody who wishes to use it. Comments most welcome.

Please be gentle with me if it doesn't work "out of the box". It has been tested on Mac/Linux/Windows. However, it's normal that nothing works on a user's computer when it's working fine for the developer. However, I think it will work OK for you and if it doesn't, I will be very happy to work with you to fix it.

I'm certain that everybody who uses this will say "Ah, but I'd like it to....." and you will have your wish. At the moment 3 "Templates" are built into the jar. In future, the user will be able to define their own templates and thereby generate any style of web gallery of their pleasing.

I'd like to thank Emmanuel for his help to get this far. And to thank Ok for giving me encouragement.

You can download the plugin from: http://clanmills.com/ToWebPlugin/ToWebPlugin.jar

Installation: copy the jar to the plugins directory.
Windows: C:\Users\rmills\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\plugins
Mac: /Users/username/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/plugins
Linux: /home/username/.eteks/sweethome3d/plugins/

ToWebPlugin.jar requires SweetHome3D v4.6 and later.
[Mar 10, 2015, 2:29:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for this first version. smile
It worked once I created a folder with the same name as the opened home, in the folder of the sh3d file.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 10, 2015, 3:45:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clanmills

England

Ah, thanks for looking at the plugin. For sure, there used to be a statement in the code to create that directory! This is exactly the kind of thing that's always discovered on a "clean" machine. There of course will be other strange things concerning Homes with no views and the like. And of course, if the Home is on a directory into which the Plugin cannot write - well I haven't dealt with that yet. Anyway, we'll discover and fix everything.

Thanks for helping me with this.
[Mar 10, 2015, 4:57:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved