Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 96
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 270409 times and has 95 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4

Thanks for the details.
About reflection/refraction values: at this moment reflection is set to 4 and refraction to 16; do you mean I should reduce refraction to 8 for better results?

Unit conversion seems works fine but different converters have different fraction constant.
Not sure I understood. Maybe you meant that each metric unit use a different count of decimals? It's on purpose, because values smaller that millimeters are not shown, leading to one decimal for centimeter unit and 3 decimals for meter unit.

A button to clear cache(%AppData%\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\work) after complete project
That won't happen because temporary files that aren't necessary anymore when program runs, should be deleted automatically. After an inquiry in source code, I discovered that some temporary files needed for SunFlow rendering weren't deleted once the rendering engine had finished its job, and I fixed this in the Beta 7 that I just released. All other files in the work subfolder can't be deleted before the program ends.
The Beta 7 fixes also a bug that didn't show correctly rotated textures in SunFlow renderer (thanks Hans for reporting this issue).
If you are planning to change render engine then please sunflow as plugin& yafaray instead.
That's what I had in mind too, but as Yafaray isn't programmed in Java, it won't be easy.

Sorry, other wishes won't happen in the next version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 16, 2014, 7:08:38 PM]
[May 16, 2014, 6:38:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Beta 10 released this weekend fixes some bugs related to unit conversion in Virtual visitor and Compass dialog boxes, and attributes 2 GB of max memory to Sweet Home 3D run with Java Web Start under 64 bit Windows and Linux systems. Sorry, I didn't find a way to increase the max memory under Mac OS X 64 bit too (sounds like a bug that appears only under that system), but if needed, there's always the solution to use installer version and set the max memory. Under Windows, the JRE launched by default seems to be the 32 bit version if you installed both 16 and 32 bit JREs.
This max memory now appears in the About dialog box for information.

[May 19, 2014, 8:44:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Nice improvements, and no trouble (4.4 Beta 10 Java version 1.7.0_55 / 32 bit / 0.6 GB max):
- 3D window did not update changes made in 2d (happned twice: move door / change level), but could not reproduce.
- Once the plug-ins did not load, could not reproduce.
- Is the web-start security warning: "The application has requested permission to establish connections to www.sweethome3d.com. Do you want to allow this action" new? Could be my Win 8.1 settings, I guess, I just cannot remember seeing it before.

In short - nothing smile

Very happy with the searchable textures - and recent textures.

ok
[May 20, 2014, 2:29:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

3D window did not update changes made in 2d

Same here. Happens every now and then. Not clear why.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 20, 2014, 3:46:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Sorry for the delay.
At last I found some interesting this.
Do you mean I should reduce refraction to 8 for better results?

No It was my mistake, when reducing reflection & increase refraction It reduces black dots slightly, not Removes completely.
After a lot off experiments in between 3ds-max, SweetHome3D & sunflow I got the result.
Different Glass materials applied with different obj shapes & render it in 3DSMax Mental ray

Then this objects imported into SH3D & render different method by tweaking caustic & reflection, but got the error image.

Then I using default SH3D files & started tweaking Object I got this result.

The problem is so simple. To get the result I change the transparent object material.-Furniture->Modify->Material.
If transparent/Glass color = Green by default then I go modify->material ->color =Green ,then Render. It give the result what I need exactly.
Come to the point,
If the object is transparent(Object.mtl d<1) Photorenderer .java failed to set shader dependent parameters like specular, glossyness, shaderName-uber at its default or failed to export these values to sunflow.

When a new value is applied it over returns the default values and works fine. batting eyelashes
See: No shader.

&

A new color/Texture is applied.
But it failed some times to apply texture when d <0.1. In this image all Glass materials are failed to render

Its a nice idea if texture material is white,Object become fully transparent & if black it transmit light inside to the object(only if d<1).
I think the bug located from here
to here
Sorry I'm not a programmer. I have a little knowledge in C++(SH3D introduce me first Java. Thxs a lot) love struck .
Here is some more render output&work files .

[May 24, 2014, 10:25:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I just released the Beta 11 that improves the saving procedure to avoid duplicate content in .sh3d files.
Please be cautious to save your files in a new file (at least the first time), to ensure you won't lose any data.
I trust what I programmed and tested on different files, but you never know, even if the risk is very small. Please test it on the files you may have and confirm you didn't have problems.

sree.arun.kr, thanks for your tests. I'll look again if I can improve something in exportAppearance method, but I fear the problem comes from elsewhere….
[May 24, 2014, 4:32:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Ya, you are right the problem/bug lies in this line.
I changed this parameter to
if (material instanceof OBJMaterial
&& ((OBJMaterial)material).isOpticalDensitySet()) {
this.sunflow.parameter("eta", 2.5);
} else { ...

Then I got the result : glass material render properly
Then I go search about OpticalDensity and come up page OBJLoader.java
I think in this page you are not described the vales&limitation.(I dont know java programing)
ie, Ni , min value = 0.001 max value = 10. (Internet search result )
& this will create the improper value Error.
glass & mirror OpticalDensity strength difference.
I hope this will help you to fix the bug
Thank you. love struck

[May 25, 2014, 7:42:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight the Beta 12 will allow you to test some new features I added to the Online version:
- It's now possible to import from .sh3d files (use the 6th button in the tool bar), and the program checks what 3D models and textures are available on the server to reduce home data length saved on server.
- The home data length is checked each time you try to save, and a warning is displayed if this length is larger than the limit on the server (still set at 3 MB).
- I added a Delete button in the Open dialog box to let you delete homes saved on the server.
Please, test these features (hope it will work under Linux too). Of course, avoid to import hundreds of files and don't forget to delete the ones you don't need online anymore (exporting them to a .sh3d file if needed). This service is not for backup purpose!

sree.arun.kr, thanks for your findings. smile
So you mean that Ni shouldn't be used directly, and by ignoring its value there's no more problem? Why do you propose 2.5 rather than 1.55 the eta of the glass?
[May 26, 2014, 9:35:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cybermarmotte

I can try it tomorrow on linux but can't find right now on my mbpro the 6th button... Any ideas?
[May 26, 2014, 10:14:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hfrmobile

Lower Austria

Seems to work but my model is still to big.

Even I get the following message
The home data length (3.3 MB) is larger than the maximum length accepted by the server (3 MB).
Delete some furniture and/or background images to reduce the length of saved data.

the model will be loaded but can't be stored. Anyway, it is pretty cool that a 16.8 MB model can be reduced to 3.3 MB!

Maybe a FTP support will be an option?

SH3D Online loads data from a foreign FTP url?

--hfrmobile
[May 27, 2014, 5:56:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved