Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6435 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
pencilart
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Default Latitude, Longitude

It would be nice to have a default Latitude and longitude for the compass.
Once set in a scene, SH3D should always use that as the default setting.
Right now, (version 4.1) the user has to keep setting it for each new home.
[Sep 17, 2013, 10:10:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Default Latitude, Longitude

The latitude and longitude is set by default from the timezone you chose in the system. Unless you continuously create plans for foreigners, I don't see the need for this request and anyway, if you want to be precise, each plan will have a different latitude and longitude that you'll have to change each time you start a new plan.
See this long list of time zones I wrote for the program? It gives the latitude and longitude of the biggest city in each known timezone (for example New York City for US/Eastern time zone). So, either you changed the timezone in your system for whatever reason, or retrieving the timezone you chose is buggy in your environment. Could you check again please?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 18, 2013, 8:25:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

ok, thanks for that. I looked at my computer's settings and they were set to the correct time zone, but for some reason SH3D was not picking up on the system's setting. Today, (Sept 18) it is picking it up and showing it correctly. It's weird that it didn't do this the previous few days.
[Sep 18, 2013, 3:16:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..latitude and longitude of the biggest city in each known timezone...
I guess this explains why my new files always ends up in Paris (Win 8.1 timezone environment has few city options). Now, I have seen N 48,867 E 2,333 so many times that I had to look it up. What does puzzle me a bit, is why the file ends up in an appointment only hairdresser in a back street (Rue de la Sourdière)... smile

What would be nice, though, is if the compass (map-link-field?) could link to location, e.g. OpenStreetMap as above. OR just support for basic html in a text field, for instance <a href="http://1881.to/35Oh9x">SITE MAP</a> (example: better local map server for 60N 10E).

ok

PS - maybe I already mentioned this - if so, sorry ...
PPS - having the model information key html available in the .sh3d file would be a usable workaround.
[Apr 2, 2014, 12:23:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved