Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3039 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
cleveroff

Latvia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Level calculation

Good evening. I am confused about level calculating. I have created house with 3 levels. Measurement in cm. Ground level - Elevation: -200, height: 200. In this area I put pool (very large bath from catalog of furniture). Second level - Elevation: 0, height: 30, floor thickness - 10. This will be something like podium. Last level - Elevation: 40, height: 250, floor thickness: 10. Height of pool I must modify 280 cm to reach the same level with floor of the last level. But in my opinion, it must be 250 cm (200 in the ground + 40 (height and floor thickness of second level + 10 (floor thickness of the second level). Where I am wrong? P.S. Unfortunately, I don't know how to export my file to this thread.

Sincerely yours, Viola (Latvia)
[Dec 21, 2012, 11:31:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
HowTo: do Levels

Hello,

i hope this is what you're looking for.

(full size image)

And i hope it is correct, too wink

macfrog
[Dec 22, 2012, 10:14:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cleveroff

Latvia
Re: HowTo: do Levels

Thank you, it was very usefull. Merry Christmas!
[Dec 23, 2012, 10:41:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jasan

Re: HowTo: do Levels

Hello,

i hope this is what you're looking for.

(full size image)

And i hope it is correct, too wink

macfrog

Nice explanation. This could maybe be a guidline for implementing a GUI guide for the level editor in the future! :-)
I have to think about this several times when working with multiple levels (and even levels that are "sharing" space with each other due to that the project I'm working on now has at least on level that are on different Y axis dependent on where you are in the house (stairs within the same level)).

BR
[Dec 24, 2012, 10:28:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved