Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4809 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
ABRanka

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Changing colour/texture of PART of an object.

Hello.
I'm wondering about a possibility of changing colour or texture of part of an object. For example: having a chair that is composed from red sit and metal base - now if I change it to e.g. white, both red and metal change. It would be great to get white sit and metal base in this case.
Is it / would it ever be possible?
Regards.
[May 10, 2012, 10:50:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Changing colour/texture of PART of an object.

It should be possible in a future version. Future will tell! smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 10, 2012, 11:31:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gap

ey! this is that i would like in walls, i mean, a color base and add some stripes in other colour, or sofas with patterns, it'll be great.
will take longer the future are u talking about?
thankyou.
[May 30, 2012, 5:08:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lynn22

For the chair, if you have it in OBJ format you could re-texture it in any 3D application.

For the wall, build your wall as 2 separate levels (if your wall is 3 m. high, build level 1 at 1 m. and level 2 at 2 m. and no floor in between), give level 1 a color and level 2 a striped texture ;o)
[Jun 1, 2012, 1:15:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gap

applause Re: Changing colour/texture of PART of an object.

thanks a lot!!!
[Jun 3, 2012, 11:27:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
oxygen

Russia

For changing textures of 3D-models I use a custom models and change their textures in Deep Exploration than import models into SH3D.
When I want to add some stripes or another saped objects to the walls, I take a cube or round and change their textures and dimensions (length, width, height) in SH3D and plase them next to the wall. It looks like in this picture:

KT Exclusive_Damasse 6 by pixie Xu, on Flickr

The base of the walls was made in decorative plaster texture, than decorative frames was added on the needed levels. Than I took cubes that comes with program by default and changed thair properties, placed them on needed level. For that cubes I took textures of a wallpaper an murals (the antic lion of Affresco).
[Jun 11, 2012, 9:22:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved