Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2603 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
kbios

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problem with DAE model

Hi, the following is with sweethome3d 3.3 on ubuntu lucid 32 bit, java 1.6.0_26.
I'm trying to use the door at
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/detail...4ccf1ce0968dae64bdf69b2ca
in my project. If I import it through the import furniture wizard, everything works fine, but I do not get the "occupation arch" in the 2d view (as expected). So instead I added it to Furniture.jar, setting the parameters as follows:

name#66=Open wood door
category#66=Doors and windows
icon#66=/com/eteks/sweethome3d/io/resources/openwooddoor.png
model#66=/com/eteks/sweethome3d/io/resources/openwooddoor/models/openwooddoor.dae
width#66=91.5
depth#66=68
height#66=208.5
movable#66=false
doorOrWindow#66=true
doorOrWindowWallThickness#66=7.5
doorOrWindowWallDistance#66=1
doorOrWindowSashXAxis#66=5
doorOrWindowSashYAxis#66=8.5
doorOrWindowSashWidth#66=81.5
doorOrWindowSashStartAngle#66=0
doorOrWindowSashEndAngle#66=-90

This way I can import the model as if it was a default one and everything works as expected (including the occupation arch and photo rendering).
BUT, if I save the project, exit from sweethome3d and reopen it, the door loses its texture (it is all white), both in the 3d view and in the photo rendering, and the only thing I can do to get it back is to delete it and add it again.

Any help? Thanks
[Sep 11, 2011, 6:45:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Problem with DAE model

Where did you store the texture image files of the DAE file in Furniture.jar?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 11, 2011, 9:40:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kbios

I left them under /com/eteks/sweethome3d/io/resources/openwooddoor/images/.

There is a file called textures.txt with the following content in /com/eteks/sweethome3d/io/resources/openwooddoor/:
<../images/texture0.jpg> <../images/texture0.jpg>
<../images/texture1.jpg> <../images/texture1.jpg>
[Sep 12, 2011, 12:39:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You should make two changes:

• add the following line to the properties file:
    multiPartModel#66=true
    When multiPartModel is set to true, Sweet Home 3D saves in the .sh3d file the 3D model file and all the other files found in the model folder. This means here that it will save the file /com/eteks/sweethome3d/io/resources/openwooddoor/models/openwooddoor.dae and all the files found in /com/eteks/sweethome3d/io/resources/openwooddoor/models.
  • move images folder containing the model textures in the /com/eteks/sweethome3d/io/resources/openwooddoor/models folder and edit the .dae file with a text editor to remove the "../" text in front of images/texture0.jpg and images/texture1.jpg.

Sorry, if the multipart property isn't very convenient to include dae files proposed by Google Warehouse. When I added multiPartModel property, I didn't want to parse the saved model to find the dependent files and thought that including all the files found in the same folder as the model would be enough. I added support for dae format a long time after that.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 12, 2011, 7:08:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kbios

Thanks, that worked perfectly!
[Sep 12, 2011, 11:14:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved