Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 22
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15339 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
quickmic

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Big project has many problems

Another (performace)-problems...

First... Imported Sketchup-opaque stuff is not opaque. It's fully transparent or untransparent.

Second... The 3D preview is terrible slow on moving the camera position by mouse. If I edit the position of the camera by the camera icon, it's fast (normal). Also areal view is fast (normal).
[Mar 9, 2011, 6:50:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
quickmic

Forgot to say...

Imported Sketchup-opaque stuff is not opaque. It's fully transparent or untransparent.

...happens only, if I render a picture. On 3D preview opaque is correct.
[Mar 10, 2011, 7:01:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Please post an URL to the page of the Google Warehouse model that caused this problem.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 10, 2011, 9:40:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
quickmic

Glass Table

Quality for picture-rendering must be set to "best" or one step before "best" to see the problem.
[Mar 10, 2011, 10:16:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
quickmic

Can this problem be verfied, or is it my mistake?
[Mar 11, 2011, 3:32:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Can this problem be verfied, or is it my mistake?
It's not your mistake, it's mine. Said an other way it's a bug.
I fixed it in the beta version of the upcoming version 3.2 (it requires you install Java).
This modification in the photo rendering might change how transparent models are rendered in existing homes, but from the numerous tests I made, I'm confident the colors and the shadow of transparent models are much more accurate than in version 3.0 and 3.1.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 13, 2011, 10:39:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
quickmic

thx for the update. I will try it :)
[Mar 13, 2011, 11:39:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
quickmic

smile Re: Big project has many problems

Hmm, I cannot manage the online version to use more than 750mb Ram, so I cannot load my complete project, but only the glass-table seems to be perfect rendered.
So I wait for the 3.2 release.
[Mar 14, 2011, 6:00:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PtiNounours

Hello Mr Puybaret,

Attached is a link for a test of the previous table, with texture.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3ha9riw5590jaw0

left of the photo, capture of sketchup: I put a non-transparent texture, but I apply the Sketchup intermediate degree of transparency.

The result is transparent in the 3D view, however, rendering him when sunflow is opaque.
[Mar 21, 2011, 7:05:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Sebastien,

When you inspect the texture directory of your model, you will see that the image is in the JPG format. JPGs cannot be transparent. When inspecting the DAE file, you will see there are some lines where transparency is declared. My guess is that the preview generated inside SH3D can handle that trick, but the picture generated outside SH3D (Sunflow render engine) cannot handle that trick.

You might try to convert the image to GIF or PNG format and add transparency. You will then probably lose transparency in the preview, and obtain it in the rendering.

Make sure that you also change the DAE file: use a text editor to change the reference to the picture from JPG to PGN or GIF.

I played a bit with the image and was successful importing the table with PNG and GIF textures. Both show the table top transparent in the preview window, but don't render correctly with Sunflow. As I have discovered earlier, transparency works in SH3D, but it's not as straightforward as you may wish.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 26, 2011, 11:34:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved