Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10732 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
PtiNounours

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Advanced render problem

For export file Collada (dae) Sketchup:

1 - in options, disable export faces both sides.
2 - Enable triangulate the faces (heavier, but avoids the problem of mesh). Enable export veneer textures; normal!

3 - before export, pass the display model in monochrome.
4 - The visible faces must be white. The faces gray that are invisible , and will not be exported. It is therefore necessary to reverse the gray faces visible that are on the faces of the model. (There are several plugins that do that very well).

This method works well for importing into SH3D.

Sketchup modeling has brought to all.
[Nov 18, 2010, 9:39:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, but Sweet Home 3D support both sides parameter in DAE files.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 18, 2010, 10:12:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Crafty360

Hi Guys
Been working on this nearly all night and learnt how to edit the models in sketchup. And you were right - It was a double sided problem. Reversing the faces revealed they were not textured so I textured both sides of all pieces and - problem solved. Many many thanks for all the help (so far - cant proomise there wont be more questions!!!!)
Cheers
[Nov 19, 2010, 9:19:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PtiNounours

For the methods I have given above, I think, it's the most appropriate methods for exported models. Of course that support SH3D Both Sides parameter in DAE files.

But to understand why this method is the normal method for sketchup, I invite you to visit this link which explains the inversion problem of faces in SketchUp. (In my language Fr, sorry)

http://www.arch-image.com/wordpress/2010/08/2...facefront-et-reverseface/

Personally, at the beginning of the Beta, I realized the problem faced when rendering in Sunflow; I then solved the problem by texturing the two sides. I just wanted to understand or was the problem. Especially since the two sides texture made me lose time. Actualy, so I put the faces in the right order, and I chose to export only the visible sides to win on the file size. This gain allows me to select triangulated faces to assurate no problem when importing to SH3D.

joke: a dusty lamp illuminates less. You change the light bulb with a higher power light, or your clean the lamp? biggrin ok. it is no one there. I took the door. laughing
[Nov 19, 2010, 6:53:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved