Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 227
Posts: 227   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1255004 times and has 226 replies Next Thread
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor released

EXACTLY!! Many thanks!
I think could be useful to be displayed along with modify furniture window when DoorOrWindow is checked.
Something like in ShapeGenerator plugin or maybe better.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Aug 24, 2023, 1:09:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

When a DoorOrWindow is edited to have somewhere a png with explanation of what mean in this case:
doorOrWindowWallThickness, doorOrWindowWallDistance and so on.
I had this idea too but I didn't decide how to program it yet. Meanwhile, I posted the links about doors and lights in my initial post about the version 2.0.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 24, 2023, 3:52:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Some suggestions:
1. Set Change model position on top
2. When Door or window is checked,
2.1 -in Additional properties table, to be displayed all the properties related to this:
doorOrWindowWallThickness
doorOrWindowWallDistance
doorOrWindowWallCutOutOnBothSides
doorOrWindowWidthDepthDeformable
At this moment became grayed and only if Modifiable is checked in general settings.
2.2 - on the left of table, under the Change model, to be displayed the png WITHOUT sash.
3. Add a new checkbox for Sash.
Sometime is useful for other furniture with doors to see if you could open.
3.1 When checked to add on table the specific properties:
doorOrWindowSashXAxis
doorOrWindowSashYAxis
doorOrWindowSashWidth
doorOrWindowSashStartAngle
doorOrWindowSashEndAngle
3.2 - on the left to be displayed the png WITH sash
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Aug 25, 2023, 7:18:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Sometime is useful for other furniture with doors to see if you could open.
YES! I would love to add sashes to the opening drawers and doors of cabinets. Drawers showing a square sash, and cabinet doors the normal sashes as regular doors and windows have.
Implementation could be problematic if you add sashes for the ball deformation (a circle?). All the sashes around a mannequin can possibly be a little too much of a good thing. But for hinges and rails it's a no-brainer.
[Aug 25, 2023, 8:17:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

Curtains and stores, ovens, etc. ? biggrin
[Aug 25, 2023, 9:17:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

YGYL, the additional properties are already available for anybody who is ok to set com.eteks.sweethome3d.additionalFurnitureProperties property or to program the plug-in that will prepare the list of properties. The use cases you explain are valid, but I'm not sure that this kind of users or their administrator will agree to prepare the list of properties on each computer where Sweet Home 3D is installed. An administrator will prefer to provide the right SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file or install the right plug-in, this is less error prone, isn't it?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'd like to be able to show the properties attached to an object in a list either in the Furniture Library Editor or in Sweet Home 3D, and to be able to change the values at any time.
In Sweet Home 3D, you can create a new column of properties at any time, and you can sort the whole thing by a particular column.
This would greatly expand the use of Sweet Home 3D!

For example, if you are looking for something, you can see where it is placed with a single mouse click in the item list. Sorting the list as a whole will show you what else is on top of the 2nd shelf of the shelf.

Without this feature, there would be no way to sort or even find it quickly and easily!
[Aug 25, 2023, 2:37:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
geewee

DE

I am trying to add/remove furniture from the library and followed the instructions in the initial post.

- moved Furniture.jar from C:\Programme\Sweet Home 3D\lib to different directory
- made some changes to the file with the editor
. opened SH3D and imported Furniture.jar.sh3d

Is it correct that no new Furniture.jar will be created in the \lib\ directory, but the imported file is saved in C:\users\xyz\Sweet Home 3D\furniture?

If so, will I need to remove that one before making further changes?

Also, there were many items missing in Furniture.jar, like outlets etc. How can I change those ones?

Great stuff, still learning...
[Nov 27, 2023, 4:58:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

opened SH3D and imported Furniture.jar.sh3d
Guess you meant "imported Furniture.jar.sh3f" or "imported Furniture.sh3f".

Is it correct that no new Furniture.jar will be created in the \lib\ directory, but the imported file is saved in C:\users\xyz\Sweet Home 3D\furniture?
Imported libraries are saved in C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\ furniture

If so, will I need to remove that one before making further changes?
Not necessarily, as long as you keep the same file name, the imported library will be overwritten. No need to relaunch Sweet Home 3D too, unless you directly edit the files found in C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\ furniture

Also, there were many items missing in Furniture.jar, like outlets etc. How can I change those ones?
You can merge this library with other libraries found at 3D models import page, using the button showing a + sign. You can also simply import these libraries without creating a larger library.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 27, 2023, 5:50:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
geewee

DE

Thank you for quick clarification.

Imported libraries are saved in C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\ furniture

FYI - On my system (Win 11) it is not under \Appdata\..., but in C:\users\xyz\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\furniture\
[Nov 27, 2023, 9:27:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
goldenjet50

Canada

Emmanuel, (Or anyone else) What where is the latest version of the Furniture editor? Has it been bundled in an installer, or is it installed using a java script?

Thanks,
Robert
[Dec 27, 2023, 7:29:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 227   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved