Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 227
Posts: 227   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1254982 times and has 226 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor released

- If present, the trailing digit of an imported model file isn't removed anymore (the reason why I introduced this was to avoid showing these numbers when a user imports similar models).
Great! That's one I keep stumbling into when adding multiple objects in a series. I had to manually add the correct numbers to each one after import but that is now over. Thank you!
[Aug 15, 2023, 4:52:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Version 2.0 beta6 bug:
When I add a new object and I check the 'Door or Window' checkbox the editor stops responding to any action. No save, no modify (to uncheck), nothing. I can only click the window close button and close without saving. Clicking save when prompted just closes the dialog but doesn't save and doesn't close the application. Beta5 has the same problem.

Linux Debian, Java 1.7.0_261.

To add:
When I manually edit the properties file and set DoorOrWindow to true and set the wall thickness and wall distance these are correctly accepted. I can open the object in the editor and save. I can uncheck DoorOrWindow and save, but I can not check it again and save.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keet at Aug 18, 2023, 9:14:59 AM]
[Aug 18, 2023, 9:08:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks Keet, the issue you reported should be fixed in the version 2.0 Beta 7 of the Furniture Library Editor.

YGYL, the Additional properties of the Furniture Library Editor may be different and anyway this list is not shared with Sweet Home 3D.
I agree that setting the System property com.eteks.sweethome3d.additionalFurnitureProperties to list the additional properties which should appear in Sweet Home 3D isn't the easiest solution for users, but I prefer to see the needs around this feature before spending time on programming a user interface to set these properties.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 18, 2023, 10:17:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Thank you for the fast fix!
It's so much easier to fine-tune the extra properties in the Furniture Editor.

About the custom additional properties: I suspect the main usage will be by plug-ins. After all, what use is a custom property if there's no code that uses it's value?
[Aug 18, 2023, 11:03:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

rose Re: Furniture Library Editor released

If the user could customise the additional attributes of each object, these attributes could also be displayed and sorted. It would significantly increase the application scenarios of this software. Increase the range of users of this software.
At least I never defined Sweet Home 3D as just an interior design software. For example, some people use it to recreate the scene of a criminal police officer, some people use it to make a film sequence, some people use it to design the layout of a warehouse. That's why I pay a lot of attention to the underlying functionality. Having a database that's more granular and sortable would help a lot more people!
[Aug 23, 2023, 8:41:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

As an example, a crime scene has 30 objects, each object has a different relationship with a different character, and different characters have different identities and different role associations.
Right now Sweet Home 3D's object list is too simple. It doesn't show the different attributes clearly. This affects the way people use it.
If the underlying data extension is strong enough, it can support plugin developers to develop more industry-specific plugins. A virtuous circle
[Aug 23, 2023, 9:09:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JonnyD

I'd like the icons for each row to be much larger, or have a larger one pop up when hovering. It's difficult, when checking for duplicates, to see whether you are looking at the same objects without actually opening each of them.
[Aug 23, 2023, 9:11:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

YGYL, the additional properties are already available for anybody who is ok to set com.eteks.sweethome3d.additionalFurnitureProperties property or to program the plug-in that will prepare the list of properties. The use cases you explain are valid, but I'm not sure that this kind of users or their administrator will agree to prepare the list of properties on each computer where Sweet Home 3D is installed. An administrator will prefer to provide the right SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file or install the right plug-in, this is less error prone, isn't it?

JonnyD, lLarger icons would imply higher rows, so a less usable editor and I don't think that increasing the size of the image shown in the popup would be so helpful since the displayed image is already at its full size i.e. 128x128 pixels.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 23, 2023, 6:38:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I've tested and used the last version.
It took me a wile to understand how it work but finally I succeed.
- Now I could personalized more easy every library.
- I've already add some custom properties to a library needed by future version of Generate Roof plugin.
Suggestions (wishes):
1. When a DoorOrWindow is edited to have somewhere a png with explanation of what mean in this case:
doorOrWindowWallThickness, doorOrWindowWallDistance and so on.
It was published somewhere in the past.
2. When load a library which have already some custom property, to be automatically added in the preferences list.
This feature is not so important wile, after I added once it remain there.
3. A visual way to draw sash and cutout.
Probably a 2D editor or viewer.
Anyway it is much performant now and I could live even without may wishes.

GOOD JOB!
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Aug 24, 2023, 7:24:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

It was published somewhere in the past.
Check this post and the image in the post three further down: https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,2006#8919
[Aug 24, 2023, 8:08:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 227   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved