Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 224
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1241379 times and has 223 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Furniture Library Editor released

Hi,

I'm proud to announce the public release of the Furniture Library Editor, a long awaited tool that will help Sweet Home 3D users create and manage SH3F files.

The program is available as a 14 MB JAR executable file (see the end of this post for updated links), and requires you installed Java 6 or a more recent Java version on your machine (or reuse the Java version embedded with Sweet Home 3D installer when available).
The easiest way to launch it is to double-click on the file. If this method fails, choose open or launch with Java in its contextual menu, or open a Terminal window and run the command:

java -jar FurnitureLibraryEditor-2.0.jar

Supported system are Windows, Mac OS X 10.4 to 14, Linux 32 bit and 64 bit.
If you look for a nice icon for it, take this one based on a nice 3D model made by Pencilart:

This tool will let you import more than a piece of furniture at a time either with a classic file dialog displayed by the Import furniture tool, or by dropping the files in the window of the tool if your system supports this feature.
Once they are imported, you may modify each piece one by one, or by group after selecting them. As the screen capture shows, the modification dialog displays all the attributes of a piece of furniture (for those interested it's even possible to edit prices or resizable attribute after a small modification in program).
Compared to the Import Furniture wizard available in Sweet Home 3D, I also added the optional ID text field (when a piece has an ID, any other piece with the same ID won't appear in the furniture catalog of Sweet Home 3D), 3 buttons to multiply size by common values (x 10, ÷ 10, x 2.54), the ability to change 3D model file and fields to edit doors or staircases cut out shape. The 3D preview allows zoom and rotation around two axes, and each time you drag and drop the mouse in the 3D preview a new icon is created for the current piece.
Once a SH3F library is saved, you can import it in Sweet Home 3D with its Furniture > Import furniture library menu item, or a double click under Windows and Mac OS X.

This tool is also a translation tool that will help translators to localize more easily SH3F files: the name and the category entered in the modification dialog depends on the language chosen in the tool bar, and when you select a new language in this drop down list, all the categories belonging to the 12 default categories of Sweet Home 3D are automatically translated into the selected language, if the language belongs to the 21 ones supported by Sweet Home 3D at this time.

Caution, there's no undo/redo feature. I didn't feel it was really necessary. As always create backups to ensure you won't loose your work.

Note that from version 1.26, this tool is also able to open Sweet Home 3D default catalog contained in the Furniture.jar file. In case you want to update this catalog (deleting items, renaming them, changing their default size...), remove Furniture.jar from Sweet Home 3D installation folder, edit it with the Editor, save it as a SH3F file and reimport the new library in Sweet Home 3D.

For interested programmers, source code is committed in the FurnitureLibraryEditor SVN module separated from SweetHome3D one.
Furniture Library Editor project is derived from Sweet Home 3D project and uses a similar MVC architecture.
Project contains a README.TXT file with compilation directions.

I hope this tool will be useful and that you'll like it. biggrin

Updated links to Furniture Library Editor JAR executable:
Furniture Library Editor 2.0 was released on 09/22/2023 with new features described here
Furniture Library Editor 1.31 was released on 03/03/2023
Furniture Library Editor 1.30 was released on 07/31/2022
Furniture Library Editor 1.29 was released on 07/13/2022
Furniture Library Editor 1.28 was released on 07/27/2021
Furniture Library Editor 1.27 was released on 04/23/2021
Furniture Library Editor 1.26 was released on 03/02/2021
Furniture Library Editor 1.25 was released on 04/15/2020
Furniture Library Editor 1.24 was released on 01/22/2019
Furniture Library Editor 1.23 was released on 10/11/2018
Furniture Library Editor 1.22 was released on 01/25/2018
Furniture Library Editor 1.21 was released on 09/06/2017
Furniture Library Editor 1.20 was released on 11/16/2016
Furniture Library Editor 1.19 was released on 02/17/2016
Furniture Library Editor 1.18 was released on 10/05/2015
Furniture Library Editor 1.17 was released on 07/19/2015
Furniture Library Editor 1.16 was released on 02/02/2015
Furniture Library Editor 1.15 was released on 10/22/2014
Furniture Library Editor 1.14 was released on 06/12/2014 and updated under the same file name on 06/14/2014
Furniture Library Editor 1.13 was released on 01/14/2014
Furniture Library Editor 1.12 was released on 10/30/2013
Furniture Library Editor 1.11 was released on 06/03/2013
Furniture Library Editor 1.10 was released on 03/21/2013
Furniture Library Editor 1.9 was released on 10/25/2012
Furniture Library Editor 1.8 was released on 09/06/2012
Furniture Library Editor 1.7 was released on 04/28/2012
Furniture Library Editor 1.6 was released on 12/20/2011
Furniture Library Editor 1.5 was released on 07/26/2011
Furniture Library Editor 1.4 was released on 04/22/2011
Furniture Library Editor 1.3 was released on 02/13/2011
Furniture Library Editor 1.2 was released on 11/30/2010. I removed the ID column and the ID info for newly added furniture as it's useful for only very special cases.
Furniture Library Editor 1.1 was released on 08/23/2010
Furniture Library Editor 1.0 was released on 06/21/2010
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 49 times, last edit by Puybaret at Dec 1, 2023, 10:10:51 PM]
[Jun 8, 2010, 12:26:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Furniture Library Editor Beta released

Emmanuel:

Merci! MERCI!
Ca foncionnait la premiere fois! Ma vie sera plus aise des aujourd'hui!

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 8, 2010, 10:04:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hans, it's great you like it.
I fixed a few bugs in it this morning, so please download the update (the about dialog will display version 1.0 Beta 6).
[Jun 8, 2010, 11:36:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel:

The version 1.0 beta 5 has the following small problems:
- When you right-click in the list with imported items, the last selection says "Selectionner tout". I guess that should be "Select all"
- I make a new library by importing the models with "Import furniture" and then I save it with "Save library in a different file". "Create a new library" seems to work as a "clear screen" command, and only deletes the library that is in memory? Maybe the names of these command should be changed?

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jun 8, 2010, 1:11:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thank you Hans for your feedback. I updated the editor accordingly.
This editor is a mono window application, so when you click on Create a new library or Open a library tools, the current furniture list is discarded (after a warning if you didn't save it).
[Jun 8, 2010, 1:28:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel:

Having this Furniture Library Editor (FLE) I can imagine that some people, including myself, will want to build large furniture libraries. And, as always, introducing a new feature leads to requests for even more features:
- a Texture Library Editor, modeled in exactly the same way as the FLE;
- subcategories for FLE and TLE, so that large sets of models and/or textures are easier to manage. Example: the category Living Room can have the subcategories Tables, Chairs, Couches, Cupboards, etc.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jun 8, 2010, 3:51:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Thank you Emmanuel!! smile

Only had a very quick go with it so far, initial thoughts, what a great application!
Will you also be adding it to Sweet Home as a plug-in or is it staying as a standalone?

Once again thank you!
db4tech
[Jun 9, 2010, 10:37:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

At this time, I think it will remain a standalone application for a while...
[Jun 9, 2010, 1:33:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

Works nicely.
I wanted to make a desktop launcher (on my Linux system) but I couldn't get the command right so that did not work. Right now, I just have to remember where the file is and right click that and select to open with java.
[Jun 10, 2010, 6:20:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I just updated the Beta version of the Furniture Library Editor with the fix for better DAE/Collada support.
This tool will probably be released in the coming days with Sweet Home 3D 2.5.
I updated the Beta version of Sweet Home 3D 2.5 too, and now you can import again existing SH3F or SH3T files without being obliged to relaunch Sweet Home 3D.
[Jun 14, 2010, 4:25:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved