Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6531 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Render bug in windows

Emmanuel:

I found several bugs in the new v2.4. As I find out more about them, I shall try to document them.

This one concerns the standard 3D render. It show the window in front of the plant. It's a model that I made using an earlier version, and that didn't show this bug before.

Hans

----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 2 times, last edit by hansmex at May 19, 2010, 11:04:25 PM]
[May 19, 2010, 12:57:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Render bug in windows

(Update)
The problem above is on my PC (Ubuntu 10.04, SH3D v2,4b2).
When I open the same file on my laptop (Windows Vista, SH3D v2.4b2) I see exactly the same problem.

When I open the same file on my laptop (Windows Vista, SH3D v2.3) there is no problem and the 3D render is correct.
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at May 19, 2010, 11:10:52 PM]
[May 19, 2010, 11:04:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Zoli1972

Same problem here. I tried to build my own furniture, using the "box" object. Now, it appears somehow, that some parts of the some furniture i've built are sown in the foreground or seem to have some kind of transparency, where they shouldn't. I am using version 2.4 and Java version 1.6.0_20

Please, help

Zoli
[Jul 3, 2010, 1:27:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Zoli,

It would help if you tell us which operating system you use, what kind of hardware you have, etc.

Also, maybe you could show a picture of your problem? You can use www.mediafire.com to store the picture and then use the Image button to link to it.

Finally, you could upgrade to SH3D v2.5 and see if that solves the problem.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jul 3, 2010, 8:31:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Zoli1972

Hi,

Yes, I forgot to write down my system specs:

Windows XP Home SP3 German
DirectX 9.0c
nVidia MPC73
Core2Duo E2220 at 2,4GHz
2GByte Sinlge-Channel DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce 7100/nForce 630i on board
Dual-monitor-system via VGA and DVI (main monitor on DVI, buit problem exists on both)

I installed SH3D version 2.5 now, but encountered same problem with it. It's strange, that if I export an image of my "destroyed" furniture, it's shown properly on the image, but not on the 3D preview within the program.

I also forgot to mention, that direction of textures is sometimes diagonal instead of left-to-right or top-to-bottom. See picture (showing a TV sideboard):

You can see, that more than one rendering problem exists:
1.) right-side element of the furniture is shown partially hidden behind the bottom element
2.) inner element is shown transparent
3.) left-side element is shown hidden behind the bottom element
4.) textures of side elements is wrong (texture lines should be straight front-to-back as shown on the other elements).

Zoli
[Jul 4, 2010, 12:14:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Zoli:

I'm glad to see that you don't have a problem. Being German, you're just a perfectionist. (Being Dutch, I feel free to say so.)

So, what to do? The diagonal striping on your objects is "normal". A box (Kiste) has 1 or 2 sides with diagonal stripes. Turn your model by 90 degrees and you won't see them.

As far as rendering is concerned: The "new" plug-ins do not depend on your video card to render your images. It's software-only, and that means that every computer should give the same result.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Edit 2 times, last edit by hansmex at Jul 4, 2010, 8:36:29 AM]
[Jul 4, 2010, 8:24:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Zoli1972

Ok, but the model you see on the picture isn't simply a single box. It's built out of many boxes, one for the bottom, one for the top, two for the side elements, one for the middle element. If it was a single box, maybe I would agree with you, saying, that there is no problem, but beause the model is made out of many boxes, certain boxes should HIDE behind others correctly, according to real physics, and not being transparent. I didn't set them to be transparent at all. My boxes simply don't do what I want. Also, turning my model by 90 degrees had no effects on the striping. I can turn it any way I want, they are still diagonal.

Zoli
[Jul 4, 2010, 11:37:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Zoli:

If you take a simple box and give it a texture, three sides will have the correct texture. Two sides will be diagonally striped. That applies also to more complex models.

The fact that in some cases an object is shown in front of another object is a bug in the standard 3D rendering. If you use the advanced rendering plug-ins, the objects are correctly rendered.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jul 4, 2010, 12:36:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Zoli1972

Thanks, but nothing changed by installimg this plugin. Looks like more self-made models are having rendering problems now. Mostly the ones with attached texture. Do I have to activate something to get rid of that problems in my preview?

Zoli
[Jul 4, 2010, 10:51:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Zoli,

It's probably a long shot but have you tried updating to the latest graphics driver, to see if it helps fix the preview display problems? (It won't help with the texture mapping, because that is how Sweet Home is set up)

Nvidia

In connection with your texture mapping issues. If you want all surfaces to display a correct facing texture, the only way is, to use a dedicated 3D modeling application and apply the texture/s to the surfaces using UV mapping, then export the model as an .obj file with .mtl (material library and images) which you can then import into Sweet Home for scene construction.

If not already tried, I hope the driver idea helps fix the display glitches.

PS: Make sure you close all open applications, before updating graphics drivers.

db4tech
[Jul 5, 2010, 3:26:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved