Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 97 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
lvmnky

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Resize entire project

Hi all,

I have been using SweetHome3d to replicate my new house and work on some renovations.

When I replicated the floorplan I didn't notice that CM was being used as the unit and I scaled everything in MM.

Now I am having issues when adding windows, doors etc.

Is there a way to select the entire project and pretty much divide it by 10 so to convert all measures from MM to CM?

I have installed Advanced Editor and I see the resize option, when I do use it though the walls are all stack up on each other, I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or is just not supposed to be used for this purpose.

All help is greatly appreciated
[May 27, 2024, 6:30:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Resize entire project

It's hard to say what you have to do: so many variables, and not much info. Indeed, the AdvancedEditor is the tool to use.

WHAT you have to change depends on what is incorrect. Suggestion: make a backup of your plans and work on that file to see what needs to be done.

1 - check height of levels and thickness of floors
2 - check height of walls
3 - check length of walls
4 - check size of furniture (doors & windows are furniture)

Where it says "check" you should read "check and if necessary correct by multiplying or dividing by 10". When changing furniture make sure you put a checkmark in "Keep proportions".
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 27, 2024, 7:49:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lvmnky

Australia
Re: Resize entire project

Thanks for the reply, I tried again and realized that after executing only the thickness of the wall wasn't resized, so I just manually changed the value of each wall and it all was correctly positioned after that, thank you
[May 27, 2024, 8:13:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved