[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 382 times and has 5 replies
Peppyy

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Concept to creation. Project has begun.

I am loving using SH3D and putting it to use on our multi-purpose building at Heron Brook Haven. Just wanted to share a screenshot and a photo of the project in progress.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/shw7skd4uohheli/floor-frame-2.png/file
This is the layout the joists will go in.

Here is a photo of the project in progress.
https://www.mediafire.com/view/883v3q3lhdab018/before-joists.jpg/file

I am learning on how to use the measurements too. It works great to estimate materials. Here is a single section with the joist layouts.
https://www.mediafire.com/view/y5bh7sgxkuouk6p/desktop-background.jpg/file

Everything in the project will have a span of 8 feet or less except for the covered porch in the front and the braces for the rafters. I will update everyone as the project progresses.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.
----------------------------------------
Who said you can't do it.
I don't listen to Who anymore.
[May 21, 2024, 1:45:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
Re: Concept to creation. Project has begun.

It is always interesting to follow the implementation! I wanted to ask - what is this reinforcement (double board) on three sections of beams. What will be the final plan? What are the volumes? Is there a final project, or is it developing along with the foundation? The structure is non-standard.
[May 21, 2024, 8:51:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Peppyy

USA

Good question. That is where there will be 3, 36" doorways near the center of the walls. I believe a double plate and a good header above the doorways will be a good idea. I will see if I can find a render of the finished building.

Here is a walkthrough I created a while ago. https://www.mediafire.com/file/plt0uikn4lkvh9b/Walk-Through-2.mpeg/file The building is intended to be as close to ground level as possible to allow for handicapped access. It has changed a bit on the interior design with some additions and removals, other than that it is still the same footprint.
[May 21, 2024, 10:24:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

Good luck! It will be interesting for me to learn about engineering communications later. Water supply, sewerage and heating. I will be waiting for photos from the construction site. The real embodiment of the idea deserves respect.
[May 21, 2024, 11:21:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Peppyy

USA

Thank you.

This is a simple building. It will only have a single 20A 120V source of power from the house we live in. The only water and drainage will be supplied by natural means, i/e collected rainwater and or a tank that is filled by other means. There may be a Gas Tankless Water Heater, "On Demand type" to supply hot water for washing our honey extractor and tools.

The drainage is for the Honey House section, where we will process the honey from our bees in the fall. There is no sewer, sumps or other things necessary to do this.

Since the Honey House "in the middle" will only be used for a week or so a year, it should not present a problem. We have plenty of gravel drainage here. ;)
[May 22, 2024, 9:35:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

I have an ant farm at home. It's been 8 years. It's a very exciting case. The Queen has been living for 25 years (I hope to outlive her))), and her subjects live a very interesting life. If one ant is placed in an ideal environment, with food and sweets, it will die in two days in Tomsk. Because there is no meaning to life anymore. His purpose is to serve his queen. Bees are even more serious. There is a complex hierarchy, castes, and the impossibility of career growth)). Bees were even an example for some models of human society. The idea of making a special house for processing honey is a great positive idea. I am waiting for your photos, greetings to the bee Queen from the Queen of ants)))

smile
[May 22, 2024, 11:04:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved