Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 432 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
otadmin

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Putting Labels on Furniture

I have boxes which I want to label. Have achieved this by putting in a Text, vertical orientation, visible in 3D view, move it until it shows at the surface of the box. Is ok but I am unable to group box (furniture) and text. Means text will not move with the boxes.

Question: Is there a better way to put labels onto boxes so that box and label become on piece? Learn how to use Blender?
[May 8, 2024, 1:53:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Putting Labels on Furniture

Rename the box and activate the text with the Modify Furniture dialogue...
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at May 8, 2024, 3:26:18 PM]
[May 8, 2024, 3:25:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The suggestion Hans made is correct but it will only display in the 2D view, not in the 3D view.
If you want labels visible in the 3D view that stick to the box the only way is to add a texture to the top of the box with the label text. I doubt that is what you really want.
You can cheat a little by creating a very thin box with the label texture and place that on top of your original box. That way you can adjust the position of the "label". And you can group two boxes smile
[May 8, 2024, 6:49:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Excuses for too fast reading and missing the 3D...
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 8, 2024, 8:44:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

You should take a look at the evidence marker generator plugin. It isn't specifically designed for this purpose, but maybe is enough for your case.
[May 9, 2024, 10:13:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

smile Re: Putting Labels on Furniture

Installed Evidencemarker-Plugin and it works as I wanted. Only need to smear a little blood onto the box to make it "evidence".

Two odd observations:
I can group box and marker. But when I select the group only the marker is selected and the two do not move together. When I select them both in 3D-view do they stick together when moved.

When I change the color of the label the text becomes invisible.
[May 10, 2024, 6:32:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Please disregard my comment about moving a group. It is working, I must have made a mistake. Sorry!
[May 10, 2024, 9:22:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Likely you double-clicked the group. When you do this you "enter" the group for the purposes of editing within the group.Only click once to select the group, then pause and click-drag to move the group as a whole. HTH.
[May 10, 2024, 11:40:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved