Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 297 times and has 2 replies
kalijunfan

Uruguay
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
smile Import content from portable version

Hello everyone!

I've been using the portable version of Sweet Home 3D for a long time and now I just bought the Windows Store version. The thing is that in the portable version I already have a lot of content that I have downloaded from different sources which I would like to import to the new Windows version.

Is there any was for me to import all the content from the portable version in bulk? Or do I have to import each and every item one by one again? Probably I kill myself if I have to go with the second option (just kidding) tongue
[Apr 11, 2024, 5:08:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Import content from portable version

The content of the data folder found in the portable version is compatible with the following folder of the installer version:
- under Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 /11, the folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D,
- under Windows XP, the folder C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D,
- under Mac OS X with the free version, the subfolder Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D of your user folder,
- under Mac OS X with the Mac App Store version, the subfolder Library/Containers/com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D/Data/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D of your user folder,
- under Linux and other Unix, the subfolder .eteks/sweethome3d of your user folder.

Just quit Sweet Home 3D, copy the content of data folder to the matching folder (mostly furniture and textures folders, as well as preferences.xml and .pref files) and relaunch the program. Then you should find back all the 3D models and textures you imported in Sweet Home 3D portable version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 11, 2024, 7:20:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kalijunfan

Uruguay
Re: Import content from portable version

Hello Emmanuel!

Thank you very much for your promptly answer!

Well, that did the trick, thank you!

Just a side note, the eTeks folder wasn't located at C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D, it was in C:\Users\user\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D, maybe that is because of my Windows version or because I'm in a Microsoft Family group, I don't know but wanted to mention it just in case someone else doesn't find the folder.
[Apr 15, 2024, 3:10:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved