Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1424 times and has 23 replies
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 7.3

Do I understand it right:
Before 7.2 it was not checked by default but in some earlier versions.
In 7.2 it was checked by default.
In 7.3 it is not checked by default.
Originally when you imported furniture the object had to be in a category. This landed a lot of furniture in the Bathroom category because that was the first in the list.

I think it was in version 7.02 that a checkbox 'Add to catalog' was added which lets you choose whether or not to add your import to a category. Unchecked the imported object was not added to the catalog.

In 7.2 The User category was introduced as a default category. With the checkbox 'Add to catalog' unchecked imports were still added to the catelog in the User category. With the checkbox unchecked the import should not have been added to the catalog at all.

In the latest 7.3 beta-1 this is solved so that when 'Add to catalog' is uncheked the import is not added to the catlog.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keet at Apr 2, 2024, 9:31:13 AM]
[Apr 2, 2024, 8:18:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

- The program won't hang anymore when deformation groups are missing in a 3D model file.
That does work correctly now. (hurray!)
Important: The same import should be implemented for import in the next version of the Furniture Library Editor. The editor doesn't hang when you try to import, it just refuses the import completely.
[Apr 2, 2024, 10:03:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your tests and feedback smile

The regression in the furniture import wizard of the version 7.2 is that a 3D model imported in the plan is added to the catalog even if you keep the checkbox Add to catalog unselected. You have to select then unselect the checkbox again to prevent the imported model to appear in the catalog.
As explained in the help, importing a 3D model into furniture catalog or into home depends on whether the catalog has focus or not when you choose Furniture > Import furniture... menu item. If the furniture list, the home plan or the 3D view has focus when you choose this menu, the imported model will appear in catalog only if you check the Add to catalog check box, at the third step of furniture import wizard. The same thing happens if you drop the file of a 3D model onto the furniture catalog or the plan.

When you select a single object in the 3D view the keyboard combo ctrl+E works to get the modify dialog but not if you select multiple objects in the 3Dview.
I just tried under Windows, macOS and Linux, but didn't notice this issue. It would be astonishing that a plug-in could alter this behavior.

The same import should be implemented for import in the next version of the Furniture Library Editor.
It will.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 2, 2024, 10:33:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

When you select a single object in the 3D view the keyboard combo ctrl+E works to get the modify dialog but not if you select multiple objects in the 3Dview.
I just tried under Windows, macOS and Linux, but didn't notice this issue. It would be astonishing that a plug-in could alter this behavior.
I just tried it again with both 7.2 and the 7.3 beta versions and the result remains the same: select one object in the 3Dview and ctrl+E opens the modify dialog, select two or more and ctrl+E is ignored, i.e. doesn't open the modify dialog.
Since ctrl+E does work with a single object it's not likely that the keyboard event is caught by something else. Multiple selects of walls or rooms work as they should (ctrl+shift+E and ctrl+alt+E).
Maybe worthy to note: select multiple furniture in the 3Dview and add another one to the selection in the 2Dview. Now ctrl+E does work for the multi-selection. Even select/unselect an additional object in the 2Dview makes it that ctrl+E does work. It seems that a multi-selection only in the 3Dview isn't recognized for the keyboard event. Using the context menu does work but it requires to leave the keyboard and use the mouse.

This is with Sweet Home 3D 7.3 beta 1 on Debian Linux (tested on two different Debian versions, host and VM). Version 7.2 has the same problem.
[Apr 2, 2024, 12:04:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

A strange one: Unviewable tab captions are no longer grayed out when the tab/level is made unviewable.
[Apr 2, 2024, 7:08:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

A strange one: Unviewable tab captions are no longer grayed out when the tab/level is made unviewable.
Yes, I know, it's my fault, I made a temporary change for tests purpose and forgot to roll back the change. It's fixed in Beta 2 where German help was updated thanks to Waldemar Hersacher.
[Apr 2, 2024, 7:56:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Waldemar.Hersacher

Germany

Originally when you imported furniture the object had to be in a category. This landed a lot of furniture in the Bathroom category because that was the first in the list. I think it was in version 7.02 that a checkbox 'Add to catalog' was added which lets you choose whether or not to add your import to a category. Unchecked the imported object was not added to the catalog. In 7.2 The User category was introduced as a default category. With the checkbox 'Add to catalog' unchecked imports were still added to the catelog in the User category. With the checkbox unchecked the import should not have been added to the catalog at all. In the latest 7.3 beta-1 this is solved so that when 'Add to catalog' is uncheked the import is not added to the catlog.

This was a failure of the tester. I wasn't aware of the regression so when I first tested it I didn't go any possible ways and maybe I didn't reset the catalogue to the default contents at any time.

With your description Keet I can confirm that it is solved. I have left out some updates because the version before 7.2 was 6.x.
MSI GP60, Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy, SH3D 7.2 with Photo-video rendering 2.8
[Apr 2, 2024, 8:37:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Waldemar.Hersacher

Germany

When you select a single object in the 3D view the keyboard combo ctrl+E works to get the modify dialog but not if you select multiple objects in the 3Dview. I just tried under Windows, macOS and Linux, but didn't notice this issue. It would be astonishing that a plug-in could alter this behavior.

I used the 2 Bedrooms house with basement again. I selected in 3D-View the corner sofa and the table (a cylinder) before it. Ctrl+E is opening the Modify furniture dialogue.

The only plugin I have installed is the Photo-Video rendering plugin 2.7.
Tested wit 7.2 and 7.3 Beta 2 on Linux.
MSI GP60, Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy, SH3D 7.2 with Photo-video rendering 2.8
[Apr 2, 2024, 9:10:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

And yet that is exactly what happens.
I have 21 plugins installed. I uninstalled them all and ctrl+E functions as it should.
One-by-one I added the plugins again and the Pan3Dview plugin is causing the problem.
With all other plugins re-installed except Pan3Dview ctrl+E works, add Pan3Dview and it no longer works.
[Apr 2, 2024, 9:39:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I released the version 7.3 today. Thanks again for your tests!
[Apr 4, 2024, 10:22:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 24   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved