Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1424 times and has 23 replies
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D 7.3

Hi,

Here's the first public Beta version of Sweet Home 3D 7.3.

This new version contains some bug fixes that I would be happy that you test when possible:
- I added up and down arrows to scroll the Go to point of view menu when it's too long on small screens. Just place the mouse pointer on these arrows to scroll the menu.

- Mirroring a group of furniture containing rotated pieces correctly works now.
- Fixed parts in mirrored pieces don't move anymore after a deformation (like opening a door at a wide angle).
- The program won't hang anymore when deformation groups are missing in a 3D model file.
- The font of dimensions displayed in the 3D view is now set to the one chosen in preferences.
- Imported 3D models are added to the catalog only when required (it was a regression which appeared in version 7.2).
- Levels with an elevation index are correctly sorted in the furniture table.
- Showing a file dialog box in Windows environments with special homonyms is fixed (to circumvent the bug https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8305072 )
- The printed level name in header and/or footer of the pages showing the plan is now correct when multiple levels are printed (but $level is replaced by "-" when a custom scale is set).
- The menu items of untranslated plug-ins are now added to existing known menus.
- Plug-ins not compatible with the running Java version are ignored to avoid blocking program launch.

Happy Easter to you all!

[Note: the final version of Sweet Home 3D 7.3 was published on April 4, 2024]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Puybaret at Apr 4, 2024, 8:08:23 PM]
[Mar 29, 2024, 5:52:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Sweet Home 3D 7.3

Thank you for this new version. I'm especially glad with the "incomplete deformation" import. That makes creating furniture parts that are part of a deformation a lot easier. I will also test the mirrored object deformations.
[Mar 30, 2024, 10:58:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Thank for this new version!
I can confirm that this version solve the problem with the position of the roof windows.
When I modify the windows opening it stay where should stay. Great!

Happy Easter to all who have the Easter this days! (Mine will come later this year)
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Mar 31, 2024, 12:09:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you speak about the issue you reported here, it will be still there because this would imply to change the elevation of transformed object after the moving window is opened. Sorry sad
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 31, 2024, 2:49:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I'm sorry too!
I was confused by the Pan 3D view plugin which let me (and keep it) open multiple objects at selected level (in 3D only).
It reverse to initial position when change the level and/or close the program.
I hope I don't mistaken again!
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 1, 2024, 8:58:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I can confirm that deformation of a mirrored object now works perfectly. The mirrored deformation problem as I mentioned in this thread is solved.
[Apr 1, 2024, 10:03:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

There's a little annoying problem with keyboard shortcuts but I'm not sure if this a Sweet Home 3D or Pan3Dview problem. When you select a single object in the 3D view the keyboard combo ctrl+E works to get the modify dialog but not if you select multiple objects in the 3Dview. With walls and ctrl+shift+E the modify walls dialog does appear with either one or more selected walls. The same should happen for normal objects.

I think it's simply a missing keyboard event. If this is in Sweet Home 3D it's an easy fix to include in the next 7.3 beta.
[Apr 1, 2024, 10:18:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Waldemar.Hersacher

Germany

The font of dimensions displayed in the 3D view is now set to the one chosen in preferences > is OK.

Imported 3D models are added to the catalog only when required (it was a regression which appeared in version 7.2). > I don't see any change and it was OK for me. The assistant shows the check box Add to catalog not active when the focus is not in the catalogue pane. Otherwise I need a more detailed description or the reference to the bug report here.

Levels with an elevation index are correctly sorted in the furniture table. > I used the demo 2 Bedroom house with basement. I made the column Level visible. I made a new level with the same elevation as the basement and put a furniture in that level. I changed the sorting of the column Level up and down and the furniture is in the correct order.

Showing a file dialog box in Windows environments with special homonyms is fixed > Could not be tested.

The printed level name in header and/or footer of the pages showing the plan is now correct when multiple levels are printed > is OK but is it intended that when I have selected multiple levels in the page setup only the level selected in the plan is printed in 3D view.
MSI GP60, Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy, SH3D 7.2 with Photo-video rendering 2.8
[Apr 1, 2024, 7:21:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Imported 3D models are added to the catalog only when required (it was a regression which appeared in version 7.2). > I don't see any change and it was OK for me. The assistant shows the check box Add to catalog not active when the focus is not in the catalogue pane. Otherwise I need a more detailed description or the reference to the bug report here.
That was the regression: the add to catalog was checked by default and objects were added to the group "User". You don't want objects to be added to the catalog by default, especially not when you are designing parts for furniture. All those exports/imports generated many temporary objects in the User category. I had to delete everything in the User category many times because they popped up when I was trying to select other objects. I'm very glad this is fixed again.
[Apr 1, 2024, 7:35:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Waldemar.Hersacher

Germany

it was a regression which appeared in version 7.2

the add to catalog was checked by default

Do I understand it right:
Before 7.2 it was not checked by default but in some earlier versions.
In 7.2 it was checked by default.
In 7.3 it is not checked by default.

I have a 7.2 version where it is not checked by default. I have downloaded SweetHome3D-7.2-linux-x64.tgz on 2024-01-02. The top level folder in the archive is from 2023-09-22T14:32 as (not completely checked) any other file in the archive.
MSI GP60, Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy, SH3D 7.2 with Photo-video rendering 2.8
[Apr 1, 2024, 10:32:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved