Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 417 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Soulis

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Articulation of the day. 4 n 1 problems

I'm sorry guys/gals. I do not think I have been articulating what I have been trying to say.

I think I figured out this latest problem on how to say it:

1. How do I adjust the height of one room different from the others of course and 2. thicken the walls?

3. Also what I want to do is put a garage door on it but to have a sloped driveway.

Wait let me go back a step.
4. I want to sink 30' of the room into the ground, another how do I do that?
E.G: (No not I.E(That is incorrect)) Say I wanted to make a 60' tall room with a wall thickness of 5', for an inground shooting range, basically, the best example that I can give.
----------------------------------------
Do villains see themselves as saviors, as would a hero? Based on the fact that most comic book villains (e.g: Marvel/DC) their motives are that they are trying to save or right some wrong. So are they really villains, anti-heroes or Anti-Villains?
[Mar 26, 2024, 8:53:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Articulation of the day. 4 n 1 problems

I created an example for you to study:

The basement is what you would use for the shooting range. It's just an underground room: level elevation -270. You can enlarge it outside the ground level house walls and of course make the walls thicker. Put a room around the house at level 0 that covers the part that goes outside the house perimeter. That is the ceiling for the basement part that is not under the house itself.
The middle room is partially sunken into the ground to show how it works with the levels.
The garage is also an underground room. The slope is a single wide sloping wall but you could also use a triangle object or create a shape. (Another alternative is using the Terrain Generator.)
The light blue floor and the wall around it is underground and just to show the outside of the underground parts. If you make the indicated level invisible the underground parts disappears from view and the underground parts are hidden below ground.

With this example you can see what different level heights do and where you should adjust level and wall heights to fit your need.
You can download the project here: https://dodecagon.nl/upload/tmp/LevelsExample.sh3d
[Mar 26, 2024, 10:12:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Soulis

United States

So if I am lowering it 45' and 60' in total height, so 15' above ground
Do villains see themselves as saviors, as would a hero? Based on the fact that most comic book villains (e.g: Marvel/DC) their motives are that they are trying to save or right some wrong. So are they really villains, anti-heroes or Anti-Villains?
[Mar 28, 2024, 6:21:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Soulis

United States

I was trying to ask what the elevation would be? Do I have to do each individual wall?
[Mar 28, 2024, 11:21:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I started a manual about levels a while ago. Your questions about levels made me finish it with the missing images.
Levels_Explained.pdf
[Mar 28, 2024, 6:56:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Well done, Keet!! Thank you.
[Mar 28, 2024, 8:06:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved