Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 311 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Ollie_Jess

México
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
cool Replacer Plugin 1.1

Hello Sweet Home 3D community, I developed the version 1.1. of the Replacer plugin, that does a simple task but can be useful in some cases, which is to replace furniture by another, copying certain properties of the furniture to replace to the replacement, but you can choose the ones that you want, like x, y, elevation, angle, height, width, depth, color, texture, etc. In addition, you can choose to replace groups of furniture as one object or replace every piece of furniture in the selected groups. You can also choose to replace only the selected furniture or all the furniture that matches the selected furniture.

This is the direct download and is also on SourceForge

The new improvements in version 1.1 are:
    • Added an option to transfer the brightness of the original object to the replacement.
    • Added an option that allows transfer light power, especially when both the original and replacement objects are light sources.
    • If the replacement object’s color or texture needs to be transferred, but the original object has default color and texture, the plugin will use the texture/color from the first material found or the first material modified by the user as the overall replacement color/texture.
    • Fixed a bug where replacing furniture within groups would cause the replacements to be placed outside the groups.
    • When selecting to replace all matching objects and choosing a group, the replacement will apply to that group and other groups with the same quantity and models of furniture.
    • Fixed other bugs regarding the replacement of groups and furniture within groups.
    • Source code within the plugin.

These are the steps for replace furniture with the plugin:
Before replace the furniture

Step 1

Step 2 - Choose "Replace Furniture..." in "Tools" menu option

Step 3

Step 4 - Select the replacement and configure the replace options

Success Message

Result - The replacement of the objects (in this case, the trees) has been done

Hope you like the plugin!
[Mar 24, 2024, 12:45:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Replacer Plugin 1.1

Thank you for this update. Recently I tried it but it wouldn't work with the latest version of Sweet Home 3D. I don't use it very often and up until now I did it by hand by editing the home.xml file and replacing the object in its zipped directory. This is much more convenient and I will need it soon to replace dummies with real objects and v.v.
[Mar 24, 2024, 5:19:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ollie_Jess

México

I have the latest version of Sweet Home 3D (7.2) and it works fine, probably the reason of your problem is your version of Java. What is yout problem with the plugin specifically?
[Mar 24, 2024, 7:01:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

No problem starting Sweet Home 3D with this new version. The previous version caused the problem.
[Mar 24, 2024, 7:07:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Keet, Ollie_Jess updated his plug-in a week ago to ensure it will work with older Java versions too. Be sure to download the latest version 1.1.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 24, 2024, 7:09:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. 10 days ago, so before the update, I tried the 1.0 version which prevented Sweet Home 3D from starting. (I reported that here: https://sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,11549_offset,30#61837)
In this thread I just wanted to thank Ollie for the update and mentioned the problem with the old version. It was not intended as a report about a problem with the new version. I should have been more clear about that.

There is no problem with this new version.
[Mar 24, 2024, 8:14:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ollie_Jess

México

Thanks Emmanuel for clarifying to Keet that the new version is compatible with the latest version of Sweet Home 3D.
[Mar 24, 2024, 9:31:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ollie_Jess

México

Thanks for clarifying that Keet! Now I understand that you have no problems with version 1.1. I apologize, since I also did not clarify from the beginning that for this version I fixed the incompatibility problems of the first version.
[Mar 24, 2024, 9:31:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved