Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 192 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
smcitscc

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
File / background limit

I'm trying to create a model of the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California.

I'm interested in the rooms upstairs (I'm organizing a conference there).

I tried loading a background to start tracing it and creating the rooms, but the building is 128m from side to side. It seems like the limit of the online version has a limit of 100m, and similar on desktop.

Can that limit be increased?
[Mar 20, 2024, 8:19:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: File / background limit

I don't know about the online version but the desktop version can handle much more. I have a building that is 228x228 meters.

I think the limit is 100000cm but with a little trickery you can get past that. (Just for testing I once created a terrain of 100kmx100km by editing the values in the Home.xml file. Sweet Home 3D imports and displays that perfectly but you can't zoom or move to the sides because of previous limits.)
[Mar 21, 2024, 9:30:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
smcitscc

Weird thing. So I went to modify the code and if you switch units to meters instead of cm or mm, you can get past those limits (the limit becomes 100000m).
[Mar 21, 2024, 12:05:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You don't need to change the code to enable drawing a wall of 128m. Changing the code from mm to m also means you loose the fine tuning of measurements by mm. In the desktop version you can simply draw a wall of 128m, no problem. Besides that, those 128 meters are probable composed of multiple wall parts so even with a smaller limit you would be able to draw the building.
[Mar 21, 2024, 12:15:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved