Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 518 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How do I get rid of the white outline around the photos on the boxes in YafaRay?

I've been on various forums. Yes, Photoshop has this problem. There is a two-pixel-wide layer of translucent pixels along the border of the image on a transparent background. They give a white thin stripe in a high-quality engine like Yafaray. We need to remove these translucent pixels and that's it. Until I learned all the techniques. I did it very roughly, enlarged the original photo to a gigantic size of 10,000 pixels. And I cleaned the background with a hard eraser on such a small-pixel field. It works with a creak, but of course you need to learn simpler techniques.
[Mar 16, 2024, 11:30:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How do I get rid of the white outline around the photos on the boxes in YafaRay?

Weird that Photoshop adds a two pixel border. It's probably meant as a transition border but it shouldn't be added without a setting to do so. Maybe try GIMP instead of Photoshop.
Most important: it would be great if you could remove that border and solve the white line problem.
[Mar 17, 2024, 6:53:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

It's not a problem in Photoshop, it's called antialiasing, it is required to get soft edges on transparent pictures. The problem could be that YafaRay doesn't handle half-transparent pixels correctly.
You could simply apply a threshold on the alpha layer to get rid of translucent pixels, see here:
https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/quest...y-of-a-smart-object-layer

PS. if you have the original picture, just turn off antialiasing when cutting the background.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Daniels118 at Mar 17, 2024, 9:11:23 AM]
[Mar 17, 2024, 9:09:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

Thank you very much!! I will try.
[Mar 17, 2024, 10:06:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved