Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 197 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
ploufus

Greece
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
CCTV Camera ? (view point "triangle" )

HI

what if i want to set some cameras, (easy create model) BUT
print in 2D view its viwwpoint, i.e. the "triangle" which shows what is the visible areas of this camera

which is actyally the same as if you set a pointofview
[Mar 15, 2024, 11:09:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: CCTV Camera ? (view point "triangle" )

If I understand you correctly you want to show the view of the camera similar to how the sashes for doors and windows are shown? If that is correct you could 'abuse' that feature by importing your camera in a Furniture Library. Even if you don't use the camera as as window the properties for sashes become available after you checked "Door or window". You will have to figure out the numbers but that's not too difficult.

ETA: There is a disadvantage to using the "Door or window" switch: in the 2D plan you get an outline for the camera instead of the topview. But you do have the view angle display.
Maybe one day we can add sashes for objects that are not a door or window and have doors and windows displayed with a topview too. (hint hint for Emmanuel)
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keet at Mar 15, 2024, 1:03:08 PM]
[Mar 15, 2024, 12:27:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I would rather suggest to use a plan icon for the camera which will show the angle.
The Furniture Library Editor will allow you to edit this property from version 2.0. If you want the icon to appear at a size larger than the camera itself, add to the 3D model a dummy element (like a transparent box) placed farther than the camera.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 15, 2024, 1:30:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I tested the suggestion Emmanuel gave and it does work. Here's how you do it.

• First create your camera. Position it with the lens pointing upward for easy adding of the angle lines.
• Add polylines as the lines you want to show for the viewangle. Mark them visible in 3Dview. Also make them a little thicker then the default to make them more visible in a small icon image.
• Position the 3Dview so the camera points upwards. This makes it easy to align it perfectly vertical. Take a screenshot of the camera and polylines (partial screenshot around only the camera and polylines).
Rename the screen shot to an appropriate name like "CameraPlanIcon.png". Edit the image with Gimp or another image editor to make the background transparent and save the image at the same location as the camera object file.
• Add a thin box just above the top of and between the polylines. Make all sides invisible except the top. Export the box and edit the OBJ file. Rename "usemtl top" to "usemtl invisible". Edit the MTL file and rename "newmtl top" to "newmtl invisible" and add the line "d 0.0" at the bottom of the "newmtl invisible" block. ("d 0.0" makes the material invisible.) Save OBJ and MTL file and import in your project.
• Position the imported invisible box where your source box is and remove the source box.
• Export both the camera and the invisible box together.

• Add the newly exported camera+invisible box to a Furniture Library and double click it to edit its properties.
• If you don't see a "planicon" under the "icon" line in the property list use the library preferences to make sure you can see and edit the planicon. Click the "Modify" button after planicon and select the CameraPlanIcon.png you created. Save your changes.
• Import the Furniture Library in your project and you will see a camera in the 2D plan showing the planicon with the viewangle lines while the 3Dview just shows the actual camera object without the lines.

Some remarks.
• If you add lines that go far away from the camera you will also have to add the invisible box far away before export. Notice that I placed the invisible box at the top and between the polylines. The longer the lines the farther away the invisible box. This results in an object as big as the camera+invisible box which is pretty big when you add long lines. This might make adding and moving other furniture more difficult.
• Placing the box so far away is necessary to make the planicon match the actual object in the 2D plan and show the lines as you intended.
• Of course you can create the planicon in a different way then by screenshot. Just make sure it matches the proportional distance between camera and invisible box.
• To overcome the problem with a large object for the camera-with-viewangle you can add a camera-without-viewangles at the same position and make only one of the two visible in your plan depending on what you are doing in your project.

@Emmanuel:
Found something that might be a bug: at first I added the camera to a library and marked it as "Door or window" to test my initial suggestion with the sashes. To try your suggestion I removed the "door or window" checkmark, changed the model with the new model and imported the library again. But the modify furniture dialog of the camera still is like the one for a door or window: for example no properties to change the X/Y angles. After I removed the camera and added it again it acted as normal furniture. It seems that once you switched the "Door or window" mark some internal properties don't revert to normal furniture status when you remove the mark. This might have to do with the previously set sash properties that get grayed out when you remove the "door or window" checkmark but it probably retains the values that might cause this behavior.
The expected behavior is of course that when you save the model in the library the sash properties if they were there are removed when you save the library. (Or ignored when you import a model that is not a door or window so the normal modify furniture dialog is shown).
[Mar 15, 2024, 4:16:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved