Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 256 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
ThomasJD

Deutschland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to block sun by ceiling in a photo

Hello everyone,

I am using Sweet Home 3D (version 7.2) to recreate my home. Now I want to create a photo in the aerial view during daytime. I can see that the sun is shining through the roof/ceiling, so that rooms without windows or open doors are also illuminated. You can also see from the shadows of the walls that the rooms are open to the light above. This also applies to the first floor. Is there a way to change this?

In the virtual visit view, the ceiling is rendered correctly and a completely closed room is completely dark.

Thank you very much for your help!
[Mar 13, 2024, 8:10:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How to block sun by ceiling in a photo

Hello Thomas,
In Aerial view mode, there's no way to block the sun rays.
In Virutal visit mode, you should add lights as explained in this tip.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 13, 2024, 11:59:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ThomasJD

Deutschland

Ok, thanks for your reply!
Is it worth making a feature request for a new function or is this something that is already within scope?
[Mar 13, 2024, 12:29:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I fear it’s not possible to program or very complicated because I’m not the programmer of the SunFlow or YafaRay rendering engines. Light rays are normally blocked only by opaque materials, and if you make the ceiling opaque, you won’t see the interior of your home anymore from an aerial point of view.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 13, 2024, 1:35:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

You may try the trick described here:
https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,11807#55022
[Mar 13, 2024, 5:10:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved