Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 30
Posts: 30   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1062 times and has 29 replies Next Thread
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Custom 3D Model being imported without texture

Excuse me
I tried to correct the opening error of the jealous shutters on dektop3d. I had hypothesized (and written) that it derived from the shape or width of the hinge on which they moved......but the problem reoccurs on both objects created (I also finished the shutter with "jealousies" for the windows). ...QUESTION WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? In the movements panel everything works perfectly while on the desktop 3D when the door to which the "jealousy" is linked is opened it seems to rotate in the center of the Hinge
[Mar 12, 2024, 9:46:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

Could it be caused by placing several separate points of the same Hinge in the movement of the frames? That is, must a single hinge be positioned/created for a single frame, which has the total length of the frame?
[Mar 12, 2024, 9:56:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Objects turning wrong in the 3Dview is a bug in the Pan3Dview plugin as I have mentioned before. Movement in the deformation dialog window should be correct.
[Mar 12, 2024, 9:57:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

Thanks Keet for the confirmation.
This heartens me. I can continue the creation with the most difficult part: joining the window to its shutters and the French door to its own
Then if I get an idea I'll try closing the "jealousies" once I've seen one live.
Thank you
[Mar 12, 2024, 10:31:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

Hi Keet,
Attached is the progress of my experiments on opening shutters, contained in the project. I don't know if this post is accurate, it's a discussion of models, movements and also the related pan3dview errors (which you have already fully explained to me.
As indicated in the various levels of the project (one for each type of shutter), I still have two movement problems to solve.
The first concerns moving the stop of "jealousy" in a coordinated way with its opening and closing. It would look a lot like a movement on a "Rail-to-Hinge" but it doesn't seem to work that way for me. I even tried to insert, as a test, an additional hinge on the rail thus set but the latter does not have any movement......am I wrong or is it not foreseen?
The second would concern being able to open, as if it were a single block, several independent openings... but, honestly, I only hypothesized the possibility.
Any kind of answer will be appreciated.
Greetings

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ht6079mtqtl6uw/My_movable_shutters.rar/file
[Mar 15, 2024, 4:18:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I have to dissapoint you. You can't limit the movement between two points because that feature is not implemented. That has been requested before but it is a very complex thing to implement.

And again I have to dissapoint you when you want different parts to move together. Parts can only move using the hinge or rail they are connected to. You can't move parts that each have their own hinge or rail. I personaly requested that before but that too is a complex feature to implement. (I can't find the topic but it was about a collapsable fire escape ladder where you can pull and lower one side and all threads fold out at the same time on their own hinge. Unfortunately not possible.)

From what I see in your project you have pretty much everything that is possible.
[Mar 15, 2024, 4:52:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Very nice, Veroniq is going to love your shutters. She requested such models in the past wink
Please submit them in 3D models tracking system.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 15, 2024, 4:53:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

As always, thanks Keet.
Too bad...not so much for the impossible movement of the shutters (this can always be done manually without the need to tie the objects...not nice but doable) but for my project (still mysterious to you) of a pull-out table that can be rolled up in as if I understood correctly, driving a plane that rolls up on a hinge (done) and slides along a rail (done) cannot be pushed into action by anything, much less making movements always in axis with the rail.....on the rail it can only slide and the shape created manually by its rolling will slide.
Unfortunately there is no manual solution to this that works.
For Puybaret......
"Very nice, Veroniq is going to love your shutters. She requested such models in the past wink
Please submit them in 3D models tracking system."
for now Veroniq will have to be satisfied with what is attached, the models as I explained are still experimental (to be refined and perhaps translated (the terminology is ITALIAN), there are only visual objects to be removed (for example only in some residual opening keys which are displayed as objects but not used in motion), some imperfections in the stops (hastily built with cylinders to have only a logical shape) etc etc)
[Mar 15, 2024, 6:05:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

For Keet
I did this test of the possible movements on a RailToHinge (I'm quite old with poor memories)...
In the end I understood that no movement on the mobile rail is allowed when sliding...the rail behaves like an extension of a hinge, losing its properties and therefore at this point it does not allow any movement on its axis...so it is a useless thing if not to keep the hinges aligned on a rail that moves in space outside the object. There are 2 objects, one that binds the RED object to the rail and the second to the Hinge.
The GREEN object is a solid linked to the RailToHinge.
Greetings

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qjv0zytm07d536f/Test_RailToHinge.rar/file
[Mar 16, 2024, 12:31:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The rail doesn't work because you effectively have no rail. This doesn't work because it doesn't create a rail:
sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_and_sweethome3d_rail_1_

You get a rail when you start a g group with "g sweethome3d_rail_1_". To that you can add openings and another hinge or rail. And to that added hinge or rail you can add openings and yet another hinge or rail. You see the chain that's forming?

You should have only 4 'types' of possible groups:
g just_a_static_object
g a_hinge_or_rail
g opening_on_a_hinge_or_rail
g another_hinge_or_rail_AND_opening_on_a_previous_hinge_or_rail.

Notice that specifically the last group can only exist once in your object. Everything that is opening on another_hinge_or_rail will move along the previous_hinge_or_rail too because another_hinge_or_rail itself is opening on the previous_hinge_or_rail.

g a_static_object
g rail_1_
g opening_on_rail_1_
g opening_on_rail_1_
g hinge_1_and_opening_on_rail_1_
g opening_on_hinge_1_
g opening_on_hinge_1_
g hinge_2_and_opening_on_hinge_1_
g opening_on_hinge_2_
g opening_on_hinge_2_

The chain that you must preserve is like this:

g rail_1_
g hinge_1_ and_opening_on_rail_1_
g hinge_2_ and_opening_on_hinge_1_
g rail_2_ and_opening_on_hinge_2_

Take notice of how and where the same colors are listed.
All other parts can only have an opening_on_ for a single rail or hinge.
[Mar 16, 2024, 6:48:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 30   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved