Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 513 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
337t

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
shock Crash/Freeze at startup on macos sonoma 14.0

Hi,
I recently downloaded SH3D 7.2 on my intel mac under sonoma 14.0. Everything works fine until i pop a model/texture window up. It then freezes: program not responding + rainbow circle mouse. Killing then restarting SH3D make it launch the first pop up window then the last opened window which make it freeze again.

I unstalled it as mentioned in FAQ, remove all cache and config files used by SH3D, then tried with the 7.1 and 7.0 version which had produced the same effect.

I even tried with the paid app from the App Store (7.2) (for which i'll be needing a refund obvisouly if there is no fix sadly). It is possible to add textures and models with this version but same problem as it freezes on startup with a file containing models or textures.

I saw you suggest to save and reopen a demo file on some posts; tried with the studio one, opens great, saves great and freezes as described above when reopened.

Hoping for a fix,

Thanks in advance.
[Feb 20, 2024, 8:32:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Crash/Freeze at startup on macos sonoma 14.0

Your issue looks like Punctum's one and he reported that stopping Grammarly application fixed his issue.
If you use this application, you should quit it when you import a 3D model in Sweet Home 3D.
If you don't, this must be another application and it would be nice if you could find which one (disabling Allow in background option for each application in System settings > General > Login items should help you).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Feb 21, 2024, 4:03:53 PM]
[Feb 21, 2024, 10:22:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved