Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 214 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
archibaldtuttle

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
split or unjoin walls at corner?

i have a plan that was drawn by an associate. she got a few things wrong and missed an inside corner and i have to shorten a wall and insert two walls in place of the drawn corner but the adjacent wall that ends at that corner is 'joined' and when i shorten the wall its companion at 90 degrees instead stays joined and makes an angle of the side wall. see below.

well, OK don't see below. this interface doesn't appear to let me browse to link the screenshots I took. so I guess I'm also asking how do you upload an image?
[Feb 13, 2024, 6:56:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: split or unjoin walls at corner?

That a wall moves when a joined wall moves is the main reason to use joined walls at all. It's an essential feature by design.
To un-join walls you select one and cut-paste at the same position. This will break the join. You might have to re-join the other end of the wall if that was end was previously joined to another wall because joins on both ends will break with the cut-paste.

To post an image you upload it to an image host like mediafire or tumblr. Then you add the link you get there here in your forum post. A site like mediafire has the advantage that you can also upload Sweet Home 3D projects or Furniture objects if you want to show something.
[Feb 14, 2024, 6:05:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

You can also split your wall, remove the joined part of the wall, and "rebuilt" the other part as you need.
[Feb 14, 2024, 11:07:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
archibaldtuttle

United States

thanks, I did kind of what was suggested by deleting walls and redrawing but i didn't do the original drawing. do walls join automatically at corners or can i prevent that if I don't want it?

and if joined, my problem also was i wouldn't necessarily want the one vertice of a 90 degree adjoining wall to move with the corner. I would want both vertices to me move so the walls remained at 90 degrees. instead, what happens is that the joined wall takes an angle to the new vertice location. maybe i could have constrained to me desired outcome by holding the shift key, or . . . .? thanks
[Feb 14, 2024, 5:33:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Suspend the magnetism. It's an magnet icon on toolbar.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Feb 14, 2024, 6:07:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved