Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 267 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
kawal

India
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bulk Color Changes - Replace one color to another automatically

Dear Friends,

I have been thoroughly enjoying working on my project. Recently, I encountered a challenge while attempting to experiment with multiple color schemes for the exterior of my house. For instance my color scheme is RED-BLUE-GREEN and I have used these colors for more than 100 elements. Now if I need to change it to GREY-YELLOW-ORANGE, changing colors for all 100+ elements would be very difficult. I want to look out for some timesaving shortcut. I dont knwow if there is a feature like this already inbuilt in the software. If yes, please let me know.

To streamline the process of testing various color combinations, I attempted to make bulk changes to the project file by manually editing the XML structure. I followed a sequence of steps given below, including renaming and extracting the project file, editing the 'home.xml' file using Notepad, and then compressing and renaming it back to '.sh3d'.

1. renamed the project file from myhouse.sh3d to myhouse.rar
2. extracted all the files
3. i found 2 files in it. home & home.xml
4. i opened the home.xml file in notepade and replace all the colors from one to another
5. zipped all files once again
6. renamed it back from myhouse.rar to myhouse.sh3d

However, upon attempting to open the modified project file, I encountered an error preventing me from accessing the project.

I understand that manually editing the XML structure might be prone to errors, and I would greatly appreciate your guidance on the correct procedure or any available tools to efficiently make bulk color changes within the Sweet Home 3D project file.

Additionally, if there are any best practices or recommended approaches for achieving this, I would be grateful for your insights.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your prompt response.
[Feb 2, 2024, 10:45:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kawal

India
Re: Bulk Color Changes - Replace one color to another automatically

Dear Friends,

My issue is resolved. I recently discovered the ChangeColorPlugin-1.3 plugin, available at the following link: https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/plug-ins/14/. This plugin has been instrumental in addressing my previous challenge of making bulk color changes within my Sweet Home 3D project.

The plugin nailed it!

Now, I find myself facing another hurdle due to my limited color sense and creativity. I am seeking assistance in creating visually appealing 3-color exterior schemes for my project. If it's possible for someone in the community to help me with this task, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am willing to share my .sh3d project file to facilitate the process. Could someone guide me on the best way to proceed, or should I initiate a new thread for this specific request?

Thank you all for your ongoing support and collaboration.
[Feb 2, 2024, 12:54:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Bulk Color Changes - Replace one color to another automatically

You can find color schemes by searching the net. For example:
https://www.bhg.com/home-improvement/exterior...rior-house-color-schemes/
https://www.thespruce.com/exterior-house-paint-colors-1821994

(Search keywords used: "exterior color schemes")
[Feb 2, 2024, 1:21:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved