Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 253 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
LizardCobra

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Zoom doesn't work with scroll wheel, pan only pans vertically

How can I zoom in the 2Dj view using the mouse scroll wheel? I can't find this in the help anywhere. I read a couple of places that holding Ctrl or Shift should work, but it doesn't. Scrolling with just the scroll wheel alone also does not zoom. The only way I can zoom in the 2D view is using the menu buttons, which is just so inefficient that it makes the software basically unusable.

The pan behavior is also pretty wonky. I can pan using the scroll wheel or holding Shift + scroll, but it moves in very large jumps. How can I pan smoothly (smaller increments)?
[Jan 26, 2024, 1:14:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Zoom doesn't work with scroll wheel, pan only pans vertically

You don’t have the choice between Ctrl and Shift to zoom. Only Ctrl + mouse wheel will work (or command key + mouse wheel under macOS) if you place the mouse pointer on the plan.

About spanning step, you should probably adjust your mouse wheel in system settings. There’s no other setting in Sweet Home 3D anyway.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 26, 2024, 4:10:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LizardCobra

United States

Sorry, I should have explained better. I didn't really expect there to be a choice between using the two different keys; I meant to say only that I tested using Shift just to see if maybe that would work.
When I place the mouse pointer on the plan, Ctrl + mouse scroll does not do anything for me. I'm on Windows.
[Jan 26, 2024, 4:25:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LizardCobra

United States

Is this a bug? Or is there something that would prevent zooming with the scroll wheel? It doesn't work in any situation.
[Jan 26, 2024, 10:26:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LizardCobra

United States

I tried to adjust the scroll wheel settings of my mouse. It was already very low, but I adjusted it down to the lowest value, but unfortunately that didn't make any difference with the minimum distance that it pans.
[Jan 26, 2024, 10:41:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Have you activated the plan view? Please read the warning at the end of the user interface chapter in the user guide:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/userGuide.jsp#userInterface
Also take a look at the pan 3d view plugin, despite its name it alliws to pan the pan view too using the middle mouse button, which I feel more comfortable than wheel/shift+wheel.
[Jan 28, 2024, 2:57:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved