Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 192 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
DaveLab

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Struggling with 3D views

I seem to have limited facility seeing what I want to see, moving around, etc. Like I want to zoom in on some feature, and I can't get to it at my preferred angle because it disappears off the top of the frame. Am I missing some aspect of controlling these views? Or are there limitations?
----------------------------------------
DaveLab
Somewhere in western Massachusetts
[Dec 25, 2023, 11:20:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Struggling with 3D views

I encounter the same when opening a project. What I do is zoom far out and drag one of the larger objects far to the right, left, up, and down. This enlarges the zoom/view area of the 2DView. Ctrl-Z to move the object back to its original place.

If the problem is with the 3Dview instead of the 2Dview: Download the Pan3Dview plugin from SourceForge or use the Plugin Manager .
You can also check your preferences and try to check/uncheck "Aerial view centered on selection".
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keet at Dec 26, 2023, 7:52:38 AM]
[Dec 26, 2023, 7:44:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DaveLab

United States
Re: Struggling with 3D views

Wow. Great plugin(s)! A world of difference! Thanks so much!

Yeah, it was 3D view. Although I'm sure your 2D view trick will be useful as well. smile
DaveLab
Somewhere in western Massachusetts
[Dec 26, 2023, 8:29:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved