Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 288 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
mts749

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Multiple levels displayed regardless of their elevation.

Is it possible to have a level which displays all (or specific) levels regardless of the elevation of those levels?

I would like to create a plan view to send to a contractor for a rough estimate. My house has multiple levels on the ground floor due to the terrain on which it was built. For example, the kitchen is 18" above the living room!
[Dec 18, 2023, 3:10:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Multiple levels displayed regardless of their elevation.

Right click in the 3D view and you can select "Display all levels" or "Display selected level".
[Dec 18, 2023, 4:22:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mts749

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I mean show all levels in the 2D view so that I can print a plan view (2d) to give to a designer/contractor.
[Dec 19, 2023, 1:15:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you have all levels visible and select the highest level you should see all levels in the 2D view.
Be aware that objects on the highest level (like rooms) will hide what is below that.

Your best possible result is to remove all rooms. Some objects will still be hidden by higher positioned objects but a lot less than a room will hide. You can (temporarily) cut and paste the rooms to a new level at the same elevation and make those "save room" levels invisibe.
[Dec 19, 2023, 2:11:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mts749

Thanks for the quick response.

I assumed that it worked the way you describe but this has not been my experience. Some elements (furniture, rooms, walls, etc.) of the lower layers do not show up in some of the upper layers. I have a layer called "All" whose elevation is above all the others but not everything shows up. Note that none of my rooms (not in the SweetHome sense but in the building sense) overlap one another, they are just at different elevations. They are all adjacent.

I would like to attach some images to illustrate the problem but I have tried and can't figure out the proper syntax and url. I'm using OSX. Any advice on this would be appreciated so I can better show the issue I'm having.

Many thanks.
[Dec 20, 2023, 2:00:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Use an image host like mediafire or flickr to upload your images. Then copy the given url and use that here in the forum.

I missed that you mentioned the 2Dview. Unfortunately this will only be visible in the 3Dview.
[Dec 20, 2023, 4:10:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you have all levels visible and select the highest level you should see all levels in the 2D view.
Sorry Keet, but this not true. At a given level, the plan displays all the items visible at the elevation of this level, nothing more.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 20, 2023, 4:26:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Sorry Keet, but this not true. At a given level, the plan displays all the items visible at the elevation of this level, nothing more.
And I corrected that in the follow-up post:
I missed that you mentioned the 2Dview. Unfortunately this will only be visible in the 3Dview.

[Dec 20, 2023, 4:31:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Oups!
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 20, 2023, 4:59:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mts749

Thanks for the clarification. I'll put this in as a feature request. It might be useful to others who have a multi-level house with rooms adjacent but not on separate floors (storeys).
[Dec 21, 2023, 2:11:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved