Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 29
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2956 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
johntc

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
A learning experience: My new Kitchen

Hi All.

As a learning experience to tech myself more about SH3 and Blender I decided to model my new kitchen at home after we have renovations done next year. As a challenge I made all the furniture and lighting from scratch to better understand some of the different methods for building texturing and lighting models ( with some small exceptions like the saucepan and rubbish bin, I ran out of patience LOL)

So this is my first attempt, its very much a work in progress, models like the barstool and fanlight need a bit of improvement to render more attractively.

So this my first proper render, any comments, pointers and suggestions you might have would be most welcome.

I don't know how to resize an image in post, but I think you can right click and open it full size in a new tab.

Thanks, johntc
[Nov 26, 2023, 4:33:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Re: A learning experience: My new Kitchen

It's a bit hard to see. The linked image is very small. I manually removed the trailing _m from the url, and it got a little bit bigger, but still only 500x281.

Is it right to say that you modelled and textured in Blender, and imported into SH3D for layout and rendering?
[Nov 26, 2023, 5:19:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johntc

United Kingdom

Hmmmmmmm, should be a link to Flickr but its only pointing at the thumbnail image. I'll upload it elsewhere and try again
[Nov 26, 2023, 5:22:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johntc

United Kingdom

Hope this works better :)

and yes, I've done all the modelling in blender and SH3 for the wall/room layout lighting and rendering

johntc
[Nov 26, 2023, 6:27:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

A lot of work, so much modeling of objects! If you have planned a white ceiling, then there are some tips to get it. 1. You can use a tool from the library of new fixtures, Invisible Light Panel. you can find it here https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/getattachment?attach=396 . The panel in the size of the entire room should be rotated around the X axis by 180 and directed towards the ceiling. The power should be picked up by a small 2-10%, try on low quality, adjust. The panel should be lowered below the ceiling level by 2-3 cm. The second method can also help. It is necessary to replace the ceiling with a light panel from this library of light, do not turn it over, leave it as it is - down. And assign it a gray color, and give it a large power of about 100%, but it may be less. Also try it first on poor quality, adjust the power. And of course, the third and most correct option is to switch to an innovative light exposure system using Invisible Inward Light Half Sphere. I highly recommend mastering such a system. It can be found in my writings in the next topic)))))) In renderings with a traditional system, there is not enough truthful transmission of lighting from sources in the scene. I.e. there is no direction of light rays from the chandelier, and accordingly there are no falling shadows from objects that should be from the chandelier. And in your picture, too, there is no darkness under the chairs, the table. And this is important for a truthful picture, otherwise it turns out to be untrue. Although this can be called the corporate identity of the program))).But if you don't want to change your skills, the first two tips will also help. Try it, it's interesting.
[Nov 26, 2023, 6:47:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johntc

United Kingdom

Thanks for that, I have made my own light panel sized to the room and facing down at a low light level 3 or percent in the render but hadn't considered using an up light against the ceiling as well!

I've seen the inward light sphere mentioned a couple of times but been unable to find a working link to it anywhere. I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

johntc
[Nov 26, 2023, 7:28:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

right here https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,11886
[Nov 26, 2023, 7:40:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johntc

United Kingdom

Thanks I shall have a play with these !

johntc
[Nov 26, 2023, 8:19:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LeonMP_4

United Arab Emirates

I love your Kitchen !
[Nov 28, 2023, 10:01:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johntc

United Kingdom

An updated render, I revised my barstool model added some extra lighting under the Kitchen island and tweaked the lighting of the neon sign model as well as refining the general room lighting.

Thanks

johntc
[Nov 28, 2023, 1:11:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved