Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 363 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
DigitAle.Com

Italia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
about models on the payed version from MS Store

(Quick presentation)
Hello guys, I'm an old school designer, as well I'm also old... biggrin
I've used the free version of SH3D for a couple years, more for fun, related to my house and some friends houses redesign. Now I had a few requests of professional projects... so I've bought the paid version from MS Store. It's a little fee, ethically correct to devolve to the developers of SH3D...

(the main question)
I had the release 7.1 and insalled directly the new release 7.2 from MS Store, all of my settings, projects and furniture libraries remained in place. Like a charm, very good!

What I've understood is that with the paid release I should have tons of additional models, but I don't.
What procedure do I have to follow?

(a second question, hopefully not off-topic)
On the furniture list now I have a messy situation with models in different languages, models I'd like to remove or group (e.g. Symbols Electrical, which are also contained in Miscellaneous).
Moreover... is there a way to perform a simple search such as "chair" or "bed"?

Thanks in advance, I swear next questions will be shorter... cool
Alessandro "DigitAle"
[Nov 21, 2023, 1:19:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: about models on the payed version from MS Store

Welcome on the forum smile

The paid version proposes the 1610 models available at Free 3D models page. As you may download them separately with the free version, this make no difference if you installed them all. Just check you use the Microsoft Store version in the About dialog box. As the paid version has no desktop shortcut, users who keep the free version along with the paid version continue sometimes to use the free versoin.

If you installed more (possibly not translated) furniture libraries and want to remove or reorganize them, you'll find the folder where they are installed by clicking on any SH3F file listed in the Furniture libraries section of the Libraries in use pane. The latter pane is displayed by clicking on the Libraries... button shown at the bottom of About dialog box.
To reorganize the categories of furniture found in a SH3F file, you can use the Furniture Library Editor, but if you edit a SH3F file stored in the libraries folder explained above, you should rather quit Sweet Home 3D first.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 21, 2023, 2:03:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

And about searching items, be sure to select the option Searchable list in the preferences panel.
[Nov 21, 2023, 2:05:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DigitAle.Com

Italia

1 Thanks a lot, very kind of you and for the prompt response.
2 I felt like a newbie when I noticed that the icon on the desktop was showing v.7.2 and the one in program list says 7.2.1 Microsoft Store... angry
3 Same as point 2 wink
4 Great support -> Repeating point 1... biggrin

Talk soon, ciao!
Alessandro
[Nov 21, 2023, 6:03:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DigitAle.Com

Italia

BTW, so, which are the differences between the free and the paid versions, only the manual/automatic download of the furniture libraries?
[Nov 21, 2023, 6:05:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The paid version is automatically updated and contains a few some aesthetic differences (screenshots made under Windows in the help and demos using textures of the library).
[Dec 1, 2023, 8:36:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved