Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 423 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
ploufus

Greece
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
can somehow link external image to point

hi

maybe not explain well, but my idea is that
i have take some photos of the actuall appartment
then create it in SweetHOme,
with some kind of "point of internet pin" or whatever

The user while it is viewing house can "click" this "pin" and the real photo i have take to popup or wahtever in order to see the real thing

is there a way/workaround/idea ?

thanx in advavce
[Nov 12, 2023, 5:39:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: can somehow link external image to point

Maybe... with a little programming...

There is a Export to HTML5 plug-in that allows you you to publish your home on a web page with controls like you have in the 3D view (rotate, zoom, select levels, etc). This is based on WebGL.
I haven't looked into it or even tried it but maybe with an overlay link or similar you could create something close to what you want. You might have to delve into the generated code from the plugin to change some things to make this work.

Read more about it here: https://sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,6708
[Nov 12, 2023, 6:42:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ploufus

Greece

the problem with this is that have to "reprogram" in every change
of the house :)
[Nov 12, 2023, 7:50:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you decide to go the "publish as html5" way you could also create a simple webpage with links to your photos that can be opened in a separate tab. Not as nice as links in the view itself but much simpler to create. You will need web hosting to make it available for others to see.
[Nov 12, 2023, 8:38:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Maybe my question is stupid, but is your request strictly related to the html export, or it's fine to have it in the desktop program?
[Nov 13, 2023, 8:37:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Maybe my question is stupid, but is your request strictly related to the html export, or it's fine to have it in the desktop program?
Are you thinking about a plugin where an object with a custom link property overlays the photo in the 3Dview?

Now THAT is a feature I could use very much but in an entirely different context as what ploufus asked about. I often use screenshots of (details of) furniture when designing my own furniture and such an option would replace the constant need to tab between Sweet home 3D and an image viewer or to use smaller windows side-by-side.

ploufus didn't state the need for publishing Html5 export for other users to see but he did mention wanting to keep the links when he makes changes to the house. Such a plugin might be exactly what he needs. I don't know if he prefers to see it in the 2Dview or the 3Dview.
[Nov 13, 2023, 9:15:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Yes, it would be easy to make such plugin with the new features introduced in version 7.2.
Since objects can now be selected from the 3D view, a custom selection handler can be used to read the link from a custom property and take appropriate actions. Opening the URL in a new window would be trivial, but with some effort it could automatically download the image, import it as texture, and add a textured box at the proper location to show the image in the 3D view as a sort of augmented reality experience. The URL could be a web link, a local file on disk, or even a texture embedded in the model for max portability.
[Nov 13, 2023, 4:42:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ploufus

Greece

a virtual furniture where the image pops ups or something sound intresting
can this be done with existing furniture editor ? or update needed?
[Nov 14, 2023, 5:25:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

No, I did meam that such feature could be made available by writing a plugin. This requires programming skills.
[Nov 14, 2023, 8:50:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved