Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 633 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
roger.meier

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Opening .sh3d on macOS Sonoma 14.2 freezes SH3D app

I recently upgraded to the latest macOS 14.2 beta, and since then I can no longer open my .sh3d floorpan. The app simply hangs. The same file opens in SH3D on an older mac running macOS Catalina just fine.

Has any body else experienced this?
[Nov 6, 2023, 11:54:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Opening .sh3d on macOS Sonoma 14.2 freezes SH3D app

As macOS 14.2 is in early Beta stage, be sure to report this issue to Apple.
Can you open a demo with File > New from demo menu item, save it and reopen it?
Do you use more than one screen?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Nov 7, 2023, 9:14:14 AM]
[Nov 7, 2023, 9:06:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
roger.meier

USA

Thanks for your suggestions. I just tried that, and the demo, saved somewhere else and re-opened, opens without a problem.

I'm using 2 screens, BTW. My floorpan has the 3D view in a separate window on the 2nd monitor. So, I did the same thing with the demo file and moved the 3D view to the 2nd screen, and now that file doesn't open anymore either. The app just hangs.

So, it seems the freezing is related to having a design with a 3D view in a different window on a different screen.
[Nov 8, 2023, 6:28:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
roger.meier

USA

I think I confirmed that this issue is related to the 3D view being in a separate window. I was able to get it to open my file by changing the 'com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.HomeComponent3D.detachedView' property from 'true' to 'false'.
[Nov 9, 2023, 4:25:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
avengine

Canada

I have the same problem, and some files that created cannot be open and i have to draw it again. on the safe side I save the file in the cloud and let another macbook to open it.
[Dec 7, 2023, 4:41:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry to repeat myself but be sure to report your issues to Apple.
The final version of Sonoma 14.2 isn’t released yet and they seem to have broken something.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 8, 2023, 4:12:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
avengine

Canada

I just did a feedback to apple. Thanks
[Dec 8, 2023, 4:26:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved