Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1100 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
bassman_chris

Austria
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sync files between Windows Installation and mobile app

I have the mobile Application on my Android and the Windows download Version on my Windows machine.

I start working on the Windows App and like to work now on the mobile Application.

Is this possible and how?
[Oct 9, 2023, 3:40:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Sync files between Windows Installation and mobile app

Retrieve the sh3d file your created on your smartphone or tablet, tap Open button (3rd button in the toolbar) in Sweet Home 3D Mobile then Import button and select your sh3d file on your device.
To retrieve it back on your desktop, you'll have to tap Save button (4th button in the toolbar) then Export button. This will save it in a sh3x file you can open under Windows.
See also this page.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions if needed.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 9, 2023, 6:30:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PingPong

Retrieve the sh3d file your created on your smartphone or tablet, tap Open button (3rd button in the toolbar) in Sweet Home 3D Mobile then Import button and select your sh3d file on your device.
To retrieve it back on your desktop, you'll have to tap Save button (4th button in the toolbar) then Export button. This will save it in a sh3x file you can open under Windows.
See also this page.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions if needed.

Hi there. I have another question that relates to the one here. I am currently using Renovations 3D on my Android phone. Even though, I usually get a message telling me that a file from my PC is newer and might cause issues when importing it into my phone, it works so far without problems.

Are there are advantages to using the new Sweet Home 3D app instead?
Can you also import model and texture libraries into the new app?

Best regards
[Oct 17, 2023, 12:23:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Rénovations 3D proposes a different user interface that you may prefer or not. I personally prefer the option which displays the plan and the 3D view beside each other, and make them resizable. Sweet Home 3D Mobile may also include some bug fixes that may be included in Renovations 3D updates later.
As long as you don’t use the latest features like 3D dimensions, you can ignore the warning displayed when opening a file modified with a more recent version.

You can’t import libraries in Sweet Home 3D Mobile at the moment. Maybe in a future version…
[Oct 18, 2023, 6:21:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PingPong

smile Re: Sync files between Windows Installation and mobile app

Thank you very much for your answer. It helps me very much in my decision. I will look out for future changes and updates in the Sweet Home app to see if it makes my workflpws easier.
[Oct 19, 2023, 9:25:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Rod.Viv

I have read the above & my issue is similar but unsolved. I downloaded the mobile app to IPad today and have managed to get a file of an existing project transferred into Downloads on the IPad. What I can’t do is link the download to the app as I can’t find out where the import button is. Can anyone help please
[Nov 8, 2023, 1:45:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As shown in screenshots of this page, Import button is at the bottom of the dialog box shown when you tap on Open button (3rd button in the toolbar).
[Nov 8, 2023, 7:33:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
htm

Germany

I noticed that the mobile version saves the data in the .sh3x format (and the files are much smaller, just about one third):

The windows desktop version also opens and saves this file format (now the size benefit is gone (;-( ). My question is: Are there are any downsides when working with the file in the .sh3x format, because working in one format would make the platform switching more comfortable.
[Nov 9, 2023, 9:48:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

A .sh3x file is almost the same as .sh3d file: both are based on .zip format except a .sh3x file doesn't contain a Home entry which requires Java to be read, and a .sh3d file saved with Sweet Home 3D older than version 5.3 doesn't include a Home.xml entry required to be read by Sweet Home 3D Mobile, programmed in JavaScript and not Java.
More quickly said, if you use only Sweet Home 3D 5.3 or a more recent version on your desktop computer, you don't have to care about .sh3d or .sh3x formats, both will work the same.

If you want a smaller file on your desktop computer, use File > Save and compress menu item.
ZIP, SH3D and SH3X files can be compressed at a level from 0 to 9. Sweet Home 3D File > Save menu item saves a file at level 0 (not compressed but faster), whereas File > Save and compress menu item saves a file at level 9 (best compression but slower to save). Sweet Home 3D Mobile exports a .sh3x file with a compression level 5, which generates quite quickly files already well compressed.
[Nov 9, 2023, 11:32:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
htm

Germany

Thanx, for the fast and extensive response, this helps.
[Nov 9, 2023, 12:30:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved