Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1255 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
shyne

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Do you know a better way to tilt and move the backgroung plan (picture)?

I love SW3D BUT I find the way it handles background pictures very unhandy.

Is there a plugin or something which makes handling backgrounds easier - drag and move, tilt and adjust?

I have a property, which is tilted and spreads over several levels and so on... I achieved to draw it more or less correctly the first time but the problem is, I have now a more precise plan but it is for me almost impossible to integrate the new plan...

Pics:
https://workupload.com/file/KA8gfyxhUcv
https://workupload.com/file/bTDyDjfw5cT
https://workupload.com/file/cqAfvQTeePA

This is the best I achieved and I do not get the system, it's try and error
https://workupload.com/file/2EaJLHH9b7C

I am open to ideas
[Sep 28, 2023, 11:29:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Do you know a better way to tilt and move the backgroung plan (picture)?

If I understand you correctly your problem is basically that the background image doesn't align with the plan you already have.
As far as I know you can't manipulate the background image once it is imported so one solution could be to rotate the image in a program like GIMP and save it that way. Then import the rotated image in Sweet Home 3D.

There is another solution that might be easier:
First install the plug-in manager: https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/plug-ins/44/
Using the plug-in manager install the Advanced Edit plug-in. (This is one of the essential plug-ins that you will use a lot.)
Open your project. Make sure everything you want to reposition is visible on all levels.
Select from the Edit menu "Select all at all levels".
You can now use the functions Rotate and Move to position your plan to fit exactly over the background image.
[Sep 28, 2023, 11:52:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Download and install the AdvancedEdit plugin - here
This allows you to Move, Rotate, Resize your model. It may take a few tries, but it works.
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 28, 2023, 11:56:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

Personally, I'd start by exporting the plan from SH3D. I'd open it in Gimp, import the background on a new layer and rotate and resize it to coincide with the plan.
Finally, I'd delete the plan from Gimp and save the background in the hope that I'd finally be able to import it correctly into SH3D.
[Sep 28, 2023, 9:01:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shyne

Thx for the answers. I understand. Too bad there is no easier way. I am struggling to understand the importing parameters:

https://workupload.com/file/GaLMT4TgtuD

I am struggling to understand how to set the coordinates so it appears as the background the way I wanted it to be. I end up guessing, which makes is difficult even for a correctly rotated picture to set it exactly where I want it to be.
[Sep 29, 2023, 9:45:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The image you share shows where the top-left corner of the background image will appear. You can click or set coordinates.

Try setting the X coordinate to 0 and the Y coordinate to 1000 and see what happens.

This is useful if/when your background image has lots of white space around the floorplan.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 29, 2023, 10:08:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I am struggling to understand how to set the coordinates so it appears as the background the way I wanted it to be. I end up guessing, which makes is difficult even for a correctly rotated picture to set it exactly where I want it to be.
If you already have the correct rotation you could just move the complete house. That's a lot easier than trying to calculate the correct position of the background image. The most important thing is to have the correct scale for the background image (during the background image import). After that repositioning the house is trivial. See my first answer about how to do that.
[Sep 29, 2023, 10:09:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shyne

Thank you hansmex and Keet! I understood everything in theory. Let's see how it plays out in real life.
[Sep 29, 2023, 11:50:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

In Gimp you have a tool to measure angles.
[Sep 29, 2023, 2:48:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Let's see how it plays out in real life.

1. I use a background image to help me to draw a plan in SH3D, draw all I need and then I remove the background.
2. I've never try to fit the background with the already drawled plane.
3. In one of your picture you have a correct background imported image (some principal vertical walls) and the reference point.
If you will use the zoom button and wide screen button to precisely set the scale of the background image you will have a more easy life.
4. You and no one need to draw something in SH3D at a specific orientation given by the blue print.
You have the compass which could be set at the correct orientation.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Sep 29, 2023, 8:08:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved