Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 452 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
rzack

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
grouping polyline objects

I drew an object using polyline tool. Now, I would like to group it.
Is there a way to do this?
[Sep 24, 2023, 12:45:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: grouping polyline objects

No, grouping is only possible for furniture. But you can select more than a polyline to move them together with a selection rectangle or shift key.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 24, 2023, 3:40:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rzack

Canada

Thank you for your prompt response. That's what I am doing to move it around. Pretty annoying. Hopefully, new versions will fix it.
Otherwise great software. I like it a lot.
Can I create new shapes and import them into Sweet Home?
Cheers
[Sep 24, 2023, 7:23:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

On the tools menu you have "Generate 3D shape" and "Generate generic shape".

But I assume you want shapes like new furniture. You can combine objects (box, cylinder, walls, etc.) and export them to an .obj file. When you import the .obj file you get a single object of the combined objects you exported. That's how you can create new furniture. Draw, resize and position, combine, export, import. You can of course create multiple exports of combined objects to combine again after import to create a more complex object.

You can also create objects in other software like Blender. Make sure you save your work in one of the formats Sweet Home 3D supports for import: .OBJ, .DAE, 3DS, .KMZ. Each one of these can also be inside a .zip file and Sweet Home 3D will recognize it and import it.
[Sep 24, 2023, 7:58:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved