Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 585 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
AaltoMantel

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Merging rooms

Hi, I used different rooms and made their textures grass and because the house I was making doesn't have a square outline, there are now just a bunch of different rooms. Is there any way to combine selected rooms into one room?
[Sep 18, 2023, 1:47:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Merging rooms

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "a bunch of different rooms". Do you mean different levels or tabs with rooms, or separate projects with rooms?

Anyway, the only way to merge rooms and/or levels into a single house is by copy-paste. Select one of your rooms as the base room and copy-paste the other rooms.
If you have a single room in a project you can use Ctrl+A to select everything for copy, otherwise you can drag a selection area around the room you want to copy. Be aware that you can NOT copy-paste multiple levels at the same time. You will have to handle each level separately.

For next projects don't create separate rooms but create a house with all the rooms in it. That way everything fits where it belongs. Use levels for multiple floors.

Make sure you have the Advanced Edit plugin installed because that will be a great help with moving and rotating not only single objects but also complete rooms. The easiest way to get it is to first install the Plugin Manager. Using the plugin manager you have an easy way to install other plugins and keep them up-to-date.
[Sep 18, 2023, 10:06:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved